Injections in the sinus what antibiotic is given for adults, hot shot
What injections do to me?
As shown international medical research from exacerbations of sinusitis affects up to ten percent of the population. Another two percent of this problem is for the first time. Modern sprays, drops and antibiotic pills to successfully fight against disease.
However, these tools do not always solve the problem. In this case specialists resort to the use of injections. Should be more to disassemble when the need arises carry out the injection that is given when sinusitis in adults and what are the possible side effects of this therapy.
The essence of the disease
Under the sinusitis means an inflammatory process that attacks the maxillary paranasal sinus of the nose (also called the maxillary sinus). The disease is one type of sinusitis. It was first discovered in the seventeenth century.
Help! The name of the disease comes from the name of the doctor who first described its symptoms (Nathaniel Gaimar).
The maxillary sinuses are small caves, which are connected to the throat and nasal cavity. Although the sinuses are quite large in volume, their outlet openings are narrow (one to three millimeters). Pathogens in case of infection reach the sinus cavity, causing the formation of pus/mucus.
If the infection is accompanied by swelling of the mucous membrane, the above substances cannot leave the area of the sinuses.
They are locked in it. In the end, mucus and pus accumulates in the maxillary sinus, and the bacteria get a beneficial environment for breeding.
Develops inflammation, called sinusitis.
Most often, the onset of sinusitis provoke a variety of infections (Streptococcus, Staphylococcus, chlamydia). However, the disease can be a complication of chronic tonsillitis, congenital narrowness of the nasal passages or other illness.
There are also allergic sinusitis, which occurs in case of contact with the allergen. It develops on the background of prolonged rhinitis allergic nature.
To locate the problem by feeling of heaviness in the head, pain in the nose and forehead, loss of smell and change in voice. Patients have trouble sleeping, not able to breathe properly through the nose, which in some cases is allocated purulent matter.
Injection — method of treatment of sinusitis
Treatment of sinusitis depends on the severity of the disease. In the case of lung illness therapy can be limited to inhalations, washes, nasal drops and sprays. If the person has severe pain, considerable fever and pus in nature, antibiotics are used.
The choice of a particular drug depends on the nature of the sinusitis. Antibiotic drugs can be used in infectious and viral disease. However, in the case of allergic sinusitis injection would be useless, as it does not affect the factor that provoked the appearance of the problem.
Caution! Antibiotics, are presented in the list below cannot be used when sinusitis caused by fungi.
Your doctor may prescribe antibiotics in the form of tablets or injections.
The need for injection occurs when:
- The use of oral drugs has not produced the expected results.
- The patient developed serious complications (injections prescribed for the development of bronchitis, sinusitis, etmoidit, sepsis).
- Sinusitis is accompanied by severe fever.
- Developed a severe purulent form of the disease.
It should also be noted that certain types of antibiotics are produced only in the form of injections. If the results of the smear determined the sensitivity of pathogenic bacteria to the drug, which exists exclusively in the form of injections, the treatment will involve applying the appropriate injection.
The list of drugs
Which antibiotic is cleaved when sinusitis is prescribed by your doctor. His decision was based on the results of the tests. To test for a prohibited drug. Bacteria can become insensitive to it. As a result, the patient will harm themselves without at the same effect on pathogenic microorganisms.
Today there are several groups of antibiotics produced in the form of injections.
Recently, their use began to be treated skeptically. Today, most of the bacteria are resistant to penicillins. Moreover, the antibiotics of this group will be effective only if the patient had not used them previously. However, they have proven themselves in the fight against a narrow range of microorganisms. Among them stands out:
- «Amoxicillin». Effective drug that can be taken for a limited period of time. Prolonged use of pathogenic microorganisms there is a resistance to the action of antibiotic;
- «Amoxiclav». A combination drug. Characterized by a wide range of actions. The presence in the composition of clavulanic acid prevents the destruction of amoxicillin;
- «Ampicillin». Injections are given intramuscularly. Drug action is based on violation of the synthesis of the cell walls of microbes. This reduces endurance of the cells of the bacteria, as a result the pathogenic microorganism dies.
Most often for the treatment of sinusitis using products of this group. Although these drugs have a powerful effect, to intoxication they do not lead. However, due to the similar structure of penicillins, cephalosporins cannot be used with anyone who was allergic to penicillin antibiotics.
This group includes the following drugs:
- «Cefuroxime». Refers to the second generation cephalosporins. Actively counteracts the Staphylococcus, Streptococcus, Salmonella;
- «Cefoxitin». A good bactericide. Is used for the treatment of gonococci, enterobacteria, Escherichia coli. The body normally moves the application means;
- «Ceftriaxone». Refers to third generation cephalosporins. Affects a broad range of pathogenic viruses and bacteria, but has no side effects. Pregnant women to use this drug prohibited.
Apply in the event that the previous two groups of drugs. Allow to stop the infectious process. Contribute to the elimination of inflammation. To use macrolides for therapy of pregnant women and children is prohibited. This group of funds includes the following products:
- «Azithromycin». The drug is effective against bacteria. Quickly penetrates into the bloodstream. Side effects are rare, but persons with liver disease to use the tool;
- «Erythromycin». The effect of the drug is not as pronounced as the previous funds. «Erythromycin» has no effect on microorganisms related to gram-negative bacteria. In the case of prolonged use, may develop liver disease.
Strong and effective antibiotics. However, have high toxicity, so that can cause side effects such as diseases of the ears and kidneys. Apply if less toxic means are ineffective.
Among the drugs in this group include:
- «Gentamicin». Effective against many species of bacteria. However, no effect on the streptococci and other anaerobic microorganisms. «Gentamicin» when sinusitis is used only under medical supervision. Among the side effects – disturbances of the vestibular apparatus and deafness;
- «Tobramycin». Applies if the bacteria show resistance to the effects of «Gentamicin».
Described above drugs can be used against sinusitis triggered by virus and bacteria. In other cases their use is inappropriate and can lead to negative results.
Injections for allergic sinusitis
What injections do relieve sinusitis allergic nature? In the event of the patient this form of the disease, is the injection of calcium chloride. This tool is administered intravenously and used in combination with other drugs.
This injection is called «hot injection», due to the effect observed after administration of the drug. After getting into the bloodstream of the patient, the tool provokes the sensation of heat, extending to the entire body. The purpose of the application of calcium chloride is to reduce the intensity of the inflammatory process, strengthen the vascular wall.
Attention! Getting drugs into the skin as his introduction to too thin a vein, fraught with necrotic changes and burn venous walls. Giving a qualified doctor.
Hot shot in the sinus is contraindicated to persons suffering from cardiac, renal and hepatic diseases. It is not recommended to use on pregnant women. Persons receiving cardiac glycosides, the injections are prohibited.
Injections in the sinus are called in case of neglected illness, or high risk of complications. The choice of a particular drug depends on the factor that provoked the disease, and results of analyses, which determine the sensitivity of the bacteria to the active substances.
The use of antibiotics, as described above, it is only after a doctor’s prescription.