Is it possible to go to the pool with a cold and snot child: Komorowski
Can a child with snot to go to the pool?
When the child is a disruption of normal breathing through the nose, it causes concern parents. The pathological process is accompanied by inflammation of the mucous membranes of ENT organs exposed to external pathogens. If rhinitis is manifested on the background of respiratory diseases, it is best to limit visits to public places, because the patient poses a threat to others.
What to do in cases where irritation of the inner shell is manifested as a hypersensitivity of the body to powerful antigens? The child should be isolated from society or not to change the regime, way of life, and to go to the pool with a cold?
At what kind of cold you can enjoy the pool
Before you give a definite answer it is advisable to determine the etiology of the common cold. Depending on the causes of rhinitis is of several types:
- infectious pathogenic viruses have a destructive impact on the state of the epithelium. In connection with the increase in the concentration of bacteria in the nasal cavity, the mucous membrane produces a secret, which removes disease-causing microorganisms. During the multiplication of infectious agents is intensive production of viscous secretion of green or yellow color. The pathological process is accompanied by swelling of the inner lining of upper body, increased body temperature, pain in the neck and head, decreased appetite, retching;
- allergic– occurs when contact with the allergen. Trigger swelling of the nose, itching, watery eyes, and excretion of clear liquid can dust and spores of plants, contact with household chemicals, pet dander, inhalation of hot or cold air. For the duration of the flow identificireba on a seasonal and year-round;
- vasomotor (neurogenic)– progressing on the background of other diseases, such as sinusitis, frontal sinusitis, with deviated nasal septum;
For reference! In Pediatrics vasomotor rhinitis is common in patients older than 7 years.
- atrophic or medically – diagnosed with thinning of the nasal mucosa. Its protective function reduces the long-term use of vasoconstrictor drugs, indiscriminate treatment of hypertension. Patients complain of a feeling of dryness in the nasal cavity, copious clear discharge, itching, sneezing;
- traumatic – in violation of the integrity of the inner lining of the nose increases the production of secretions. To irritating factors include penetration into the nasal passages of foreign objects.
General condition of the child, the estimated load and the nature of occurrence of the common cold needs to pre-empt the embarrassment of the parents — whether in the pool with snot.
Visit aquatic facilities is permitted in some clinical cases, even recommended, for the manifestation of allergic, vasomotor, drug-induced rhinitis.
Arguments against use of the pool with rhinitis
Doctors opinions on the question whether it is possible to go to the pool with a cold divided.Recommendations for water limitation in the allocation procedures aconselho secret are based on the following judgments:
- intensification of blood circulation contributes to the active reproduction of pathogenic microorganisms;
- to sports activities cost energy which is vital for the body to fight against viruses;
- long stay in the water can cause hypothermia, which is a favourable environment for the spread of infection;
- the flu and colds pathology require compliance with bed rest. Physical activity may aggravate the patient’s condition, to cause complications such as bronchitis, tracheitis, meningitis, pneumonia;
- in acute inflammation of the mucous irritation of the nasal passages chlorinated water causes swelling of the soft tissues;
- chlorine is a powerful antigen that can trigger an unusual reaction (Allergy) with hypersensitivity of the organism to the technical mixture.
Respiratory infections are airborne. In close contact with the clear carrier increases the risk of HIV transmission to healthy people, so experts recommend limiting gitrepository during illness for 7-10 days.
If the health of the patient improved, but mucus is present in the residual form, it is not a prerequisites for the resumption of visits to aquatic facilities. Swimming lessons with residual phenomena in rhinitis may delay the regeneration of the mucosa, the process of recovery of the child.
Nuance! Attempts to transfer the respiratory disease «on their feet» in the same way can lead to a defeat of the maxillary, and sphenoid paranasal sinuses, inflammation of the mucosa of the tympanic cavity.
The benefits of visiting the pool with snot
A strong argument is the factor of water disinfection with bleach. When immersed in chlorinated water, the sinuses are washed, cleaned mucosa from infectious agents. Moderate exercise stimulates the nonspecific immune system, normalizes trofiku tissues that promotes rapid recovery.
The advice and guidance of Dr. Komarovsky
With the development of infectious rhinitis swimming is not a contraindication. Parents should sustain an optimum temperature of water, to make sure that the room was not drafts, to limit the time of hydrological processes 5-10 minutes.
If these terms are acceptable to the home environment, in an aqueous complexes difficult.
For reference! Fall under the ban of water systems, combined with steam. Hot steam produces the production aconselho secretion, swelling of the mucosa. The manifestation of these symptoms are dangerous for people with anatomical variations in otolaryngology, deviated septum.
Dr. Komarovsky argues that if the allergic rhinitis, and atrophic neurogenic etiology in a child’s normal body temperature, no cough, the baby is cheerful and feels good, it is possible to visit the pool with snot.
Binding recommendations of the expert:
- to reduce class time, to prevent hypothermia;
- professional athletes in miconazole secretions to perform gentle exercises;
- take a shower;
- after swimming rinse the nasal passages with running water, with saline;
- on completion of hydrological processes to dry baby, dry your hair;
The doctor draws the attention of parents to the fact that chlorinated water reduces the local immunity of the baby provokes irritation, which can cause a runny nose. Therefore, during illness, especially in the incubation period (2 to 7 days), it is advisable to refrain from visiting the pool.
The restriction does not apply to the open water bodies.
Is it possible to walk the child into the pool with a nozzle is determined by the individual characteristics of the organism, etiology and degree of development of the common cold, the General state of the patient.
Most doctors recommend to stop exercising during illness. The temperature of the water for the weakened organism is not quite correct, which increases the risk of hypothermia, as a result, the progression of disease, development of complications.