Itching in the ear: the causes and treatment of folk remedies
How to get rid of itching in the ears?
Ear itching worries in everyone’s life. Some phenomenon is rarely observed, much discomfort is not often remains virtually unnoticed. Similar phenomenon is starting to irritate literally, the ear is constantly itchy, scratching leads to small injuries of the skin.
Physicians include ear itching in humans to the normal physiological characteristics of the organism, if the phenomenon is rare, special concern does not go unnoticed, also quietly as it began. If the problem becomes constant, the itching never stops, day or night – it’s time to sound the alarm, immediately call for help to the consultation.
The reasons for the phenomenon
Before you decide how and what to treat the disease, the physician needs to understand, why is there itching in my ears. Specialist will immediately try to diagnose the General condition of the client to understand what caused the problem, because to eliminate the phenomenon can only be a low trigger.
Doctors have identified the following main causes of ear itching:
- incorrect, untimely hygiene of the ear canal, the shell (when the ears are washed «through time», they settle dust particles accumulated earwax);
- the sedimentation of chemical substances (this happens in factories, industries where workers ignore safety rules);
- water, especially dirty from reservoirs, rivers;
- irritation caused by poor quality cosmetic products used when washing the ears;
- getting into the ear foreign bodies (these include a variety of small parts, insects);
- otitis externa (pathology caused by contact with the outer ear fungal pathogen, infection that causes flaking of the skin);
- heat, cold, high or low humidity;
- diabetes mellitus;
- ear mites;
- pathology of internal organs (liver, kidneys);
- the continuous use of earplugs, hearing AIDS;
- age-related changes of the body;
- mental rastrojstva.
Any pathology caused by viral, infectious, fungal pathogen, and even the common cold, can trigger severe itching, inflammation, changes in the structure of the skin (peeling, trackage, tears). In this case, itching in the ear extends to the ear canal.
Sometimes professionals fail to identify the cause of itching. What is happening is blamed on psychological feature, treatment involved a therapist, a neurologist.
Find out the cause of a pathology, the doctor will perform a lavage of the ear canal, removes particles emerging substances after will prescribe a course of drugs – ear drops, ointments, sprays, gels, tablets or injections.
Tools should possess analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, in particular, is also appointed:
- antibiotics – Amoxicillin, Ampicillin trihydrate;
- antifungals – Miconazole, Terbinafine;
- Antibacterials – Chinosol, Resorcinol;
- adjuvants – a multivitamin complexes, lipoic acid;
- antihistamines – Diazolin, Hifenadin, claritin.
Possible oral ingestion of drugs, their introduction into the ear, intravenously, intramuscularly, is also used in surface spraying. In addition, use of antihistamines, sedative drugs, allowing toxins – Linex, Activated carbon, Bifidobacteria.
Have high effectiveness in steroid creams and ointments-itch cream – Hydrocortisone, Betamethasone. They are applied to the surface of the external ear to relieve inflammation, eliminate pain. If the burning sensation in the ear, itching triggered by skin diseases, allergies use of ointments Triderm, Pimafucort.
Widely used in the treatment of boric acid as ear drops. Before beginning the procedure, the doctor removes the accumulated sulfur, cleanse the ear canal with hydrogen peroxide or another means, after causing the drug.
The phenomenon associated with the pathology of internal organs, is eliminated by treatment of concomitant diseases.
Treatment of folk remedies
If the cause of itching in the ears known treatment folk remedies is often effective:
- Alcohol and white vinegar diluted in a 1:1 relationship. Gaining the resulting solution with a pipette, fill them with the auditory campaign. After enduring a quarter of an hour, allow the fluid to flow. More than two times per day to perform the procedure is not recommended.
- Vinegar. Auditory meatus is wiped with cotton wool soaked in 6% solution of vinegar, up to 3 times per day.
- Baking soda. In a glass of warm water one tablespoon of baking soda. The tool is buried in the ear with a pipette to 5 drops, repeat procedure 3 times a day.
- Pharmacy chamomile (celandine, a series or calendula) brewed as a tea. Obtained broth wipe the outer ear. Inside buried daily by five drops until the complete cessation of the itching.
- Tincture of propolis rubbed his ear. Additionally, instill 3 drops in one go. Substance moistened swabs placed in the ear canal.
- The garlic oil. Bring to boil a pile of any vegetable oil. Put in a tablespoon of minced garlic. From the heat remove immediately, leave for a day to let the oil steep. Garlic butter or turundas impregnated with a cotton swab and put it in the ear. The procedure is repeated twice a day.
Usually treatment of folk remedies gives you the result on the second day. If this does not happen, the itching does not stop, you need to postpone and to go on reception to the expert. The doctor will advise you how to effectively get rid of itching in the ears. Perhaps the problem is more serious than it seems, we need more radical methods of treatment using antibiotics.
To ears there is a strong itching, you need to perform simple preventive measures:
- While swimming in reservoirs auditory meatus to cover the special earplugs, so they do not get water, soap, gel.
- Cleansing of earwax does not need to comply with cotton sticks, which is simply tamped part of the substance, creating a traffic jam. The most gentle cleaning of the ears will be the usual washing with warm water.
- To use a hearing aid, earplugs should be only after washing your ears, that is when the ears clean and dry.
- To avoid overcooling, overheating of the body.
Occurring pathology of ENT-organs should be treated as quickly as possible, preferably under the supervision of a specialist. The itch in my ears I cannot choose, every drug must be approved by the doctor.
You need to understand that any unpleasant phenomenon associated with the hearing happens for a reason. Ear itching is no exception. Problem something triggers, often external stimuli, less pathology, developing in the organs of hearing, chronic diseases of internal organs.
To delay such problems can not be, otherwise there is a threat of hearing loss, also pathology can involve other organs, which will significantly complicate the treatment and well-being of the patient.