Laparoscopy endometriosis ovarian: preparation stages of the operation
Endometriosis is one of the most common gynecological diseases, characterized by abnormal growth of endometrium outside of the uterus. Endometrium is a mucous membrane the inner surface of the uterus. Endometriosis is called pathological process growth outside of the uterine lining tissue which in structure and functional properties resemble the endometrium directly. However, this tissue may grow on the surface of almost any internal organ, but in the majority of cases, affects the ovaries.
Ovarian endometriosis is diagnosed in every five women aged 25 to 45 years. But in some cases the disease is diagnosed in young girls who have not attained 25 years of age. That is why this pathology is considered one of the most common gynecological diseases. Endometriosis occurs most often completely asymptomatic, but the disease treatment must be timely, as the effects of this disease for the female body can be very undesirable. Among the most dangerous consequences of endometriosis – female infertility.
Today, there are several methods of effective treatment of endometriosis of the ovaries, one of which is a laparoscopy for endometriosis.
What is ovarian laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy is a modern method of diagnosis and surgical treatment, which found wide application in various fields of medicine, including gynecology. Laparoscopy is characterized by the highest accuracy, a low degree of trauma and the excellent informative. Laparoscopy is a surgical treatment which is made by a few punctures on the outer wall of the abdominal cavity. Typically, the diameter of such perforations are not more than 2 cm.
In holes, we introduce a special device – a laparoscope and all the necessary surgical instruments. What can be achieved with laparoscopy?
- Laparoscopic method is effectively the removal or excision of tissues affected by endometriosis.
- In the process of laparoscopy is the removal and treatment of adhesions of internal organs.
- That is the laparoscopic method is recommended in case a need arises in the removal of the ovaries or other reproductive organs.
Laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis of the ovaries is considered the most preferred technique of treatment. And this is not surprising, because laparoscopy has numerous advantages over traditional surgical techniques. Such advantages include:
- The minimum level of trauma that is associated with the fact that during a laparoscopy, the operation is performed without direct penetration into the abdominal cavity is 2-4 small incisions through which and made all the necessary surgical procedures.
- The risk of development of infectious-inflammatory processes after laparoscopy ovarian minimized.
- Laparoscopy is considered the most gentle and minimal invasive surgery, and therefore after the procedure, adhesions occur in very rare cases.
- Treatment of endometriosis ovarian laparoscopic method is the safest for women’s health. The probability of formation of coarse, visible scars, and the risk of postoperative suture line disruption is relatively minimal.
- One of the obvious advantages possessed by the treatment of laparoscopic technique, is also short and generally uncomplicated recovery period.
Preparing for laparoscopy for ovarian
After the woman is diagnosed with endometriosis of the ovaries or of the uterus, the specialist, the decision about the necessary treatment. As a rule, operative treatment of this gynecological diseases is the use of the procedure of laparoscopy. Before carrying out the laparoscopic surgery, you should undergo special training, which consists of the Deposit of all required laboratory tests.
- The first is PAP smears from the genital tract to determine the microflora and determination of the cellular structure.
- If necessary, colposcopy is performed through which specialist studies the structure and the structure of the cervix. In addition, the colposcopy is the assessment of the reproductive organs for the presence of cancer tumors.
- Also before carrying out laparoscopie woman appointed ultrasound examination of small pelvis organs.
- It is imperative for tests of blood, urine and feces.
- Must pass koagulogrammou – analysis to determine the level of blood clotting.
Laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis
The technique of laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis of the ovaries or the uterus does not differ from the procedure in other diseases. Surgical treatment is performed only under General anesthesia, so the woman does not feel any pain. The surgeon does in the abdominal wall of the patient three or four small puncture, the diameter of which does not exceed 1-2 cm Into the holes, we introduce a special device called laparoscope, and other necessary surgical instruments.
Also, one of the done incisions embarks on a dose of carbon dioxide is necessary in order to «lift» the abdominal wall, freeing the surgeon to space needed to conduct all of the operational procedures that are aimed at removing endometriodnyh lesions.
In most cases, laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis of the ovaries or of the uterus lasts from an hour to two hours. The duration completely depends on the complexity, severity and region of the lesion with endometriosis.
Recovery after laparoscopy
Laparoscopy in endometriosis is characterized by short rehabilitation period. Recovery period after laparoscopic operation requires compliance with specific rules necessary for speedy recovery, restore the normal functioning of the reproductive system and prevent the development of various complications. Prevention of stagnant and adhesion processes is the early return to physical activity – this means that in 5-6 hours after a laparoscopy woman is allowed to get out of bed and walk around the ward. Of course, all movements should be measured and unhurried – a sharp movement is strictly prohibited.
In the first few days after surgery, a woman can disturb a strong pain in the lower abdomen. To eliminate the pain syndrome, the patient is assigned painkillers and anti-inflammatory medicines to help eliminate pain after laparoscopy.
Many women who have had laparoscopic surgery for endometriosis of the uterus or ovaries, you notice slight bleeding Il genital tract. Don’t worry – it’s perfectly normal phenomenon, which is a natural result of surgery. Treatment discharge is not required. But if the bleeding becomes extremely heavy or accompanied by severe pain is a serious reason for concern, which should immediately inform your attending specialist. Excessive bleeding from the genital tract may indicate inflammatory or infectious complications of laparoscopy.
When a large volume of surgical intervention, the patient may be administered drugs from the group of antibiotics. Also, antibiotics are mandatory are assigned in identifying women of various inflammatory and infectious complications after laparoscopy.
After 7-8 hours after surgery the patient is allowed not only to get out of bed, but to drink water. Of course, carbonated mineral water should be abandoned in favor of conventional purified. In the first day from the food is better to refuse. If the woman concerned expressed a feeling of hunger, allowed the use of jellies, fresh juices, low-fat broths.
After laparoscopy endometriosis ovarian the observance of strict diet is not required. Simply follow a few basic rules:
- Should completely refrain from drinking strong coffee, alcoholic beverages or carbonated mineral water, as these drinks can slow the processes of tissue regeneration, which negatively affects the healing process.
- After a laparoscopy you must exclude from your diet fatty, fried, spicy or salty dishes. Also banned pickled, canned or smoked products.
- For a period of rehabilitation is recommended to limit the use of products that can cause flatulence and flatulence. These foods include legumes, corn, whole milk, radishes, mushrooms in any form, cabbage.