Laparoscopy in endometriosis: treatments
Today women have often diagnosed a serious illness such as endometriosis. Disease manifests itself by failure of the menstrual cycle, pain. It can be one of the probable causes of female infertility. Despite the fact that treatment of endometriosis can be conservative with the use of hormones and operational, the majority of doctors agree that surgical treatment helps to get rid of the disease completely.
The operation is performed laparoscopically and is aimed at eliminating pain syndrome in women and increase the chances of conceiving a child. How is the removal of endometriosis? When required and when not to spend? What will be the consequences after the laparoscopy?
Laparoscopy: diagnosis and treatment of endometriosis
Today laparoscopy is an effective and minimal invasive surgery. The method allows to qualitatively examine the internal organs of the abdomen and pelvis, image of which in magnified form is displayed by a special camera on the monitor screen.
Laparoscopy can be:
- diagnostic. Is, if it is necessary to qualitatively examine the internal sex organs, to identify the foci of endometriosis. However, if there are no visible foci, it is impossible to ascertain the absence of disease. The fact is, in some cases, the lesions can be so small that they cannot be seen;
- operational. The procedure involves removal of endometriosis with their cauterization or excision of the scar tissue.
When is a laparoscopy with endometriosis?
The operation laparoscopic method to remove the lesions of endometriosis are assigned in the following cases:
- suspicion of the presence of endometriosis foci (after a diagnostic laparoscopy);
- on the internal organs (intestines, bladder) is clearly expressed and lesions have scar tissue;
- the presence of pain with endometriosis that persists or reappeared after treatment of hormonal preparations;
- severe pain, which does not lead a normal lifestyle;
- ovarian cysts;
- infertility caused by endometriosis.
If there are contraindications to?
All contraindications to laparoscopy with endometriosis can be divided into absolute and relative.
- heart disease, blood vessels, and respiratory tract;
- violations of various nature, in which blood clotting is slowed down;
- tumors of various etiologies.
- way surgery (recently moved);
- the presence of a malignant process, regardless of the location;
- hepatic failure in the acute form;
- acute inflammation of the uterine appendages;
- infectious disease of any nature;
What is the procedure?
Usually through a laparoscopy is performed under General anesthesia by a surgeon or gynecologist, but there are cases of the use of spinal anesthesia or local anesthesia. The last meal should be at least 8 hours before the surgery.
With the help of a special needle into the abdominal cavity injected carbon dioxide or nitrous oxide. Due to this the abdominal wall is pushed away from the internal organs, giving your doctor an overview.
Through a small incision in the abdominal wall, the doctor inserts a laparoscope to check the status of the internal organs. For the required during the operation of tools can be made additional cuts. As a rule, the procedure will last up to 45 minutes.
If you need to remove endometriosis or scar tissue, can be applied different techniques (excision, excision, destruction by laser or current). After completion of the sutures. In most cases the scar is not visible.
Laparoscopy is characterized by low traumatism, respectively, the recovery procedure will take place rather quickly, and after a few days the woman will be able to return to its usual rhythm of life. Treatment of endometriosis after laparoscopy will depend on the status of women and appointed only by a physician.
The conduct of laparoscopy in endometriosis rarely causes complications. In a few cases possible:
- bleeding which cannot be stopped (requires deep laparotomy);
- infection of the abdominal cavity;
- the formation of postoperative adhesions;
- damage to the urethra, bladder, intestines.
IVF after laparoscopy
There are times when immediately after removal of the endometriosis by laparoscopic approach can be shown of IVF, namely:
- the woman refuses surgery;
- have undergone only diagnostic laparoscopy because of the complex spread of endometriosis, which makes the maintenance of volume of surgical intervention is too dangerous, higher risk of complications after surgery;
- the doctor thinks that the laparoscopic surgery did not give proper result, high probability of inability to conceive in the future;
- the goal of laparoscopy is to eliminate the pain;
- age over 38 years;
- other factors that can prevent conception of a child (poor semen quality, long-term infertility, fallopian tubes are in poor condition, age over 35 years).
As a rule, after a laparoscopy woman feel relieved condition, particularly the pain does not bother them. The procedure gives you a chance to get pregnant. If pregnancy does not occur during the year, you may be offered IVF, which will allow you to conceive, carry and give birth to a healthy baby.