Laparoscopy: indications and contraindications to the operation
Laparoscopy is a modern method of diagnosis and treatment, which is popular today. The technique is known to use low-impact techniques and special equipment. In this case, run minimal incisions, it shouldn’t cause discomfort.
Laparoscopy what it is
Is a highly effective surgical method of surgical and diagnostic manipulations on the reproductive organs of the abdominal cavity. When operations are performed minimal punctures. In gynecological practice is often used for diagnostic inspection of the genital organs, as in many abnormal conditions other diagnostic methods cannot give so detailed and clear picture.
Surgery needs highly skilled surgeon who pre-tell the patient all the information about the procedure, what tests must pass how to prepare for surgery and how long is the rehabilitation period.
Laparoscopy: indications for surgery
The first to draw the attention of the doctor is indications for laparoscopy. Laparoscopic surgery can be both planned and emergency.
Consider in such situations are emergency (urgent) surgery:
- ectopic pregnancy (in the fallopian tube);
- when a broken ovarian cyst or ovarian torsion;
- in the period of acute infectious and purulent pathologies of the reproductive system;
- torsion node of uterine fibroids;
As a rule, a large percentage of operations in gynecologic practice is planned and conducted with the assistance of laparoscopy.
Indications for surgical intervention:
- The performance of sterilization. After this surgical intervention disrupted the function of the fertilization because of the inability of embryo transfer to the uterus. This method for many women is the best method of protection from unwanted pregnancy. In some cases, sterilization has health based evidence.
- The holding of temporary sterilization. During this manipulation imposed a special clip on the fallopian tubes.
- The endometriosis. Fertilization after laparoscopic removal of endometriosis nodes occurs in 65% of cases for 6 months.
- Education, tumors and ovarian cysts also stimulation of ovulation in polycystic ovaries.
- Fibroids. Shows surgery especially if there are nodes on the stem, with abundant and frequent spotting and if drug treatment has not given results.
- A laparoscopy and infertility. Here is referring to tubal infertility, for example, if the fallopian tubes have adhesions.
- Surgery of the fallopian tubes with the removal. Often, the laparoscopy is performed when suppuration of adhesions (hydrosalpinx).
- Pathology and defects in the construction of the reproductive organs of the sexual sphere (conducted plastic surgery laparoscopic).
- The first stage of cancer in the uterus. The surgery removed regional lymph nodes.
- Incontinence against the background of grief and stress for other reasons (held vaginapics or colpopexy).
- Hysterectomy – complete or partial removal of the uterus.
- When a large benign entities that can be assigned to removal of the ovary with preservation of the fallopian tube or without.
Contraindications: absolute and relative
Given the fact that laparoscopy is considered invasive surgery, to its implementation, there are some contraindications, which are divided into absolute and relative.
- diseases of the respiratory and cardiovascular systems;
- hemorrhagic shock;
- ovarian cancer;
- myocardial infarction;
- bad clotting;
- cancer of the fallopian tubes;
- liver and kidney failure;
- coagulopathy that is not amenable to correction.
- spilled peritonitis;
- adhesions in the abdominal cavity;
- Allergy polyvalent type;
- pregnancy more than 16 weeks;
- fibroids, which are of large size;
- the suspicion of malignant processes in the appendages;
- education on the ovary more than 14 inches;
- infectious diseases gynecological in nature.
Ineffective laparoscopy, therefore, is not carried out with such pathologies:
- tuberculosis of the reproductive organs of small pelvis;
- hydrosalpinx large size;
- endometriosis severe stage, launched with the involvement of the intestine;
- a large amount of dense adhesions in the abdominal cavity.
The consequences and complications of laparoscopy
Of course, like any other surgery, laparoscopy also has its consequences and complications.
- Pain localization in the field of manipulation. However, this is not a worrying cause for panic, but a natural reaction of the body. In that case, if the rehabilitation period has passed, and there is no pain, then need urgent medical consultation.
- During the symptoms of pain may increase the body temperature to 37 degrees is the norm, but in that case, if the temperature of 38 degrees and above is a signal for concern.
- My period can come a little calendar. The characteristic discharge after laparoscopy are those that are slimy and transparent texture.
- If menstruation does not come for a long time – this may indicate damage to internal reproductive organs, you need to visit a doctor.
- Allergic reaction. Allergies can occur on anesthesia dioxide or carbohydrate.
- General weakness and malaise. Headaches, nausea, weakness and Mladost is normal symptoms of the postoperative period.
- Sometimes there may be bleeding in this case you need urgent medical attention.
- The formation of blood clots. Such processes slopes women over 50 years. Of thrombosis can occur during laparoscopy, and after its completion. To prevent complications in the patient’s foot wrap in elastic bandage during the operation. Also can use special tools, blood thinners.
So we figured out, what are the indications and contraindications to the modern minimal invasive surgery – laparoscopy.