Lays ear, and noise: what causes congestion
What to do if ear and noise?
Congestion in the ears, hearing loss and subjective sensation of noise are not separate diseases. But all these unpleasant sensations are the symptoms of a developing pathology of the hearing aid.
If you have a long time lays the ear and it makes noise, you should not delay the visit to the audiologist. Only timely diagnosis can be the key to successful treatment.
Possible causes of stuffy ears
The reasons for which a person has tinnitus and ears in otolaryngology is divided into two main categories: physiological and physical origin. In the first case the hearing impairment is directly related to impacts from the outside.
Thus, the most frequent complaint caused by such factors:
- getting into the auditory canal foreign body (water, seeds, insects, small objects);
- changes in atmospheric pressure (flying in an airplane, a sharp rise in the Elevator, dive to great depths);
- long stay in a noisy atmosphere (specific activity, relaxation in a nightclub).
If the hearing loss was caused by physiological factors, to restore it enough to eliminate an irritant.
Physical causes of blockage of ears, the situation is much more serious. Indeed, in this case we are talking about pathological processes within the body. These diseases are not always associated directly with a hearing aid and identify their own without careful diagnosis is impossible.
In addition to the traditional age-related changes, to provoke congestion and tinnitus can a variety of diseases:
- increase in blood pressure;
- damage to the tympanic membrane;
- headache and migraine (patients often feel that they have laid the right or left ear and the noise in it);
- inflammation of the middle or inner division of the organ of hearing (otitis media, inflammation of the auditory nerve);
- trauma to the head;
- viral infection of various types (common cold, influenza, SARS, meningitis, sinusitis);
- neurasthenia, stress.
If the patient has a stuffy ear, but no pain and noise, there is a significant probability of formation of cerumen. In any case, it is necessary to visit a doctor to identify the exact cause.
If the initial examination of foreign body or inflammatory process within the ear and the ear canal is not detected, apply additional research methods of the body: blood and urine analysis to detect latent pathologies, audiometry, and MRI.
Important! Failure to provide skilled assistance for the hearing impairment can lead to irreversible consequences. So, sensorineural hearing loss amenable to treatment only in the first three days since the onset of the symptoms.
Treatment physiological congestion
Almost all of the causes of congestion in the ears of a physiological nature can be resolved independently. The only exception is hit in the ear canal foreign body. Here tactics will depend on the type of object or fluid trapped in the ear canal.
In other cases, when laid ears felt the noise in the ears, you will help these simple tips:
- Several times open and close your mouth, simulating a yawn. Try not to open jaw too wide so as not to dislocate the joint.
- At the same time close the mouth and nose, however, and try to blow air out. This will help restore the optimal level of pressure in your hearing and relieve congestion.
- Drink some water. You need to drink slowly, making small SIPS, like a load of crap.
Drug treatment tinnitus
Treatment of blockage of ears physical origin should be carried out only in accordance with the diagnosis.
Drug therapy is always directed at eliminating the true causes that triggered the noise and congestion in the ears.
To restore hearing and to get rid of tinnitus in infectious diseases and inflammation in the ear departments, patients are prescribed antiviral or antibacterial therapy. Scheme and duration of the medication depends on the type of disease and its course. In some cases, treatment can be supplemented with ear compresses and washing with the use of antibacterial drugs.
Treatment of hearing disorders cardiac nature is, above all, normalization of blood pressure of the patient. Drugs for hypertension can help to reduce the pressure in the blood vessels of the brain and in the region of the eardrum. A normalization of the composition and quality of blood makes it possible to prevent the occurrence of blockage of ears in the future.
As for the list of medications, then medications can be prescribed exclusively by a doctor. Only a specialist can accurately determine what to do if the deaf ear and noise in it.
Antibiotics are the mainstay of treatment and inflammation of the middle and inner ear.
To reduce the duration of treatment is recommended to combine the medication with physiotherapy.
It can be:
- laser therapy;
In medical practice in the treatment of stuffiness of the ears may be the means of these categories:
- nootropic drugs for the correction of neurological disorders;
- anticonvulsants to prevent spasm of blood vessels;
- antigipoksicheskoe drugs to optimize oxygen supply of the organs;
- tablets to thin the blood to prevent the formation of blood clots;
- antihistamines to relieve swelling directly in the region of the ear canal.
Many drugs on this list may have serious contraindications and side effects. So their application could face unforeseen consequences.
Causes of congestion and noise in the ears, as are the ways of getting rid of unpleasant symptoms. So the self to understand why their ears blocked and there was a noise in the ears, is often difficult.
Do not waste time on waiting and hope that the problem will disappear by itself. Emergency visit to the audiologist is the only right solution.