Miramistin with cervical erosion: application features
Erosion of the cervix is called one of the most common gynecological diseases, which is diagnosed in approximately 60 – 70% of all women of childbearing age, who applied to the gynecologist. We can safely say that this figure is much more to do with cervical erosion sooner or later «meets» every second of the fairer sex. But as the disease in most cases develops without any symptoms, most often the presence of pathology detected accidentally.
What is a cervical erosion?
It is a pathological change in the structure of the epithelial layer covering the mucosal surface of the cervix. As a result of pathological proliferation of cells of the cervical canal, the structure of normal cervical mucosa is destroyed, on its surface there are the wounds and erosion that can bleed and increase in size. This gynecological pathology leads to a complete loss of reproductive organ its primary function is childbearing. Many women are afraid of cauterization of cervical erosion, and prefer simply not to treat disease. To do this in any case impossible, as a dangerous consequence may be not only serious problems with conception, but also the development of cancerous tumors in place of erosive destruction of tissues.
Nowadays there are a number of factors that can predispose to the formation of such gynecological diseases. These include a variety of infections, sexually transmitted diseases, mechanical damage of the genital organs, inflammatory processes in the pelvis. Fortunately, modern medicine offers a whole range of methods of treatment of cervical erosion. Many experts advise women to be sure to complement the main course of treatment with special antiseptics for local use – for example, Miramistina.
Miramistin. The description of the drug
Miramistin is a antiseptic for local application, which, due to the extremely wide spectrum of action, have found application in the field of gynecology. The drug has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, antiseptic, antifungal, antiviral effect. Of drugs has the following effects on the female body.
- Miramistin has a high potency against many gram-positive and gram-negative microorganisms: staphylococci, streptococci, chlamydia, Trichomonas, gonococci. Thanks to the antiviral action of Miramistin recommended for use in the treatment of sexually transmitted diseases and sexually transmitted infections.
- The drug has an antifungal effect, so often used in the treatment of candidiasis and other diseases caused by pathogenic fungal flora.
- Application Miramistina improves local immunity, which greatly complicates pathogenic microorganisms entering the pelvic organs.
- Drugs promotes rapid cleansing of the vaginal microflora, as well as accelerated healing and recovery of various epithelial lesions and wounds. Thanks to the ability to activate the process of tissue regeneration — it is recommended to use as an additional tool in the treatment of erosive lesions of the cervix.
Miramistin is available in several pharmacological forms, but for the treatment of gynecological diseases is recommended to use the solution for local use.
In the case of the treatment of cervical erosion drug used for vaginal douching. Due to the fact that a medicinal solution is used exclusively locally, the probability of absorption by the mucous surfaces or the skin is missing.
The main active ingredient in the drug, has the same name – Miramistin. Due to its low dosage (0,1) medicinal solution need be diluted with water before use.
Indications and contraindications to the use Miramistina
The use of the drug is recommended in the following cases.
- For the treatment of many gynecological diseases of inflammatory or infectious nature of cervical erosion, endometritis, vaginitis or vulvovaginitis.
- Use Miramistina recommended for the effective treatment of postnatal trauma and injuries of the internal and external genitalia. The drug is considered effective to prevent the development of complications of suppuration and infection after childbirth, abortion and surgery on reproductive organs.
- With the goal of preventing complications of infection and suppuration after wounds and injuries — also used in the field of traumatology and surgery.
- Synthesis also used in medicine for treatment of acute and chronic forms of otitis media, tonsillitis, laryngitis, pharyngitis, sinusitis.
- Drug used in a variety of dental diseases of infectious-inflammatory nature, urological abnormalities that occur in acute or chronic form.
- Miramistin it is recommended to use for vaginal douching to prevent infections and sexually transmitted diseases, sexually transmitted.
The drug has virtually no contraindications. The only contraindication is individual intolerance to the active substances present in the Miramistina. The use of medications during pregnancy or breastfeeding is not prohibited – as an antiseptic applied topically, it has no effect on breast milk and the fetus.
Instructions for use Miramistina
Antiseptic for cervical erosion used for vaginal douches, which should be performed daily. As mentioned earlier, the dosage of active ingredients in the product are selected in such a way as not to dilute the medication previously. He is ready for the procedure douching. Please note that the manufacturer does not recommend the procedure douching more than 5 – 6 minutes as it is fraught with violation of the normal microflora of the vagina. The duration of treatment of cervical erosion with Miramistina determined on an individual basis, but most often does not exceed 5 – 7 days.
For the treatment of many gynecological diseases — applied and otherwise – in the medicinal solution dipped gauze and inserted into the vagina overnight.
The duration of treatment is 10 to 14 days.
Miramistin is considered an effective prevention of various sexually transmitted diseases, sexually transmitted. If you have had unprotected intercourse, you should wash the vulva with antiseptic, and also to carry out vaginal douching. But such preventive measures remain effective only during the 2 hours after sexual contact.
To date, the cases of drug overdose drug is not known.
Special rules of application Miramistina
Miramistin in extremely rare cases, may cause certain side effects that are often expressed in the form of local allergic reactions, discomfort and burning sensation in the area of application of antiseptic. As a rule, to stop treatment with Miramistina should not, side effects are temporary and go away on their own.
Since the drug has virtually no contraindications and is well tolerated by the body and is approved for use in the treatment of children and during pregnancy and breastfeeding. But before using medications you should consult with your gynecologist.
Regarding drug interactions Miramistina, it should be remembered that the simultaneous use of antibiotics and antiseptics in most cases leads to the enhancement of the effectiveness of antibiotics. Alcohol has no effect on the validity Miramistina.