Multifollicular the ovaries: symptoms and treatment
Ovaries – the most important organ of the female reproductive system. Ovarian pathologies lead to dysfunction of sex glands, disorders of the menstrual cycle, and even infertility. Their detection is a serious reason to treat the female reproductive system. One of the violations that require attention are multifollicular ovaries, which is easily confused with polycystic.
A normal menstrual cycle
The female body has a certain amount of nuclei of oocytes formed in the embryonic stage of development. Immature reproductive cell is located in the ovary in a special SAC – the follicle. Each menstrual cycle is marked by the maturation of several such embryos; normal aktiviziruyutsya 4 – 7 follicles. Some time they grow synchronously, but then 1 – 2 leader, outrun the rest, slowing down their development. This dominant follicles, one of which is destined to ovulate in the current cycle, once the egg is completely Mature.
At the time of ovulation, the wall of the follicle ruptures, ready to be fertilized reproductive cell goes, appearing for a time in the abdominal cavity and picked up by the fallopian tube. The ruptured dominant follicle continues its development, forming a temporary endocrine gland – yellow body, supervising the preparation of the body for an expected pregnancy.
It happens that at the same time Matures more than eight follicles, which can not stand out dominant. They are oversized and visible on ultrasound that allows the doctor to diagnose the patient ovarian multifollicular.
It should be said that this condition is not diagnosed and reason for treatment. Ovarian multifollicular in some periods of the cycle is a normal variant and should not disturb the woman. This symptom is observed in the first phase of the cycle, when both aktiviziruyutsya and start the growth of some dormant follicles, and closer to the middle, everything comes back to normal.
However multifollicular diagnosed ovaries require attention, because sometimes the normal development of the egg may be a serious disease – polycystic sex gland. In addition, if ovulation did not occur, it is impossible to conceive a child.
The reasons for the development of multifollicular
Most often the real reason for any deviation from normal functioning of the reproductive system is a failure in the endocrine organs and impaired humoral regulation. Hormones can be «naughty» for the following reasons:
- the use of female oral contraceptives hormonal nature – the very essence of their action consists in blocking the development and ovulation of follicles;
- the change in the balance of hormones during the execution of a woman’s reproductive: pregnancy, breast-feeding;
- the abortion-interrupted pregnancy;
- puberty girls during adolescence, the beginning of the formation of a monthly cycle;
- obesity or sudden weight loss;
- endocrine pathology (thyroid disease, adrenal, hypothalamic-pituitary system);
- exposure to strong stress factors;
- possible genetic inheritance of disease.
It often happens that after elimination of negative factors and the normalization of the balance multifollicular ovaries getting back to normal.
The maturation of several follicles with undecided dominants can be caused by inadequate production of luteinizing hormone (LH), stimulating ovulation, which often happens in women, dramatically losing weight or gaining weight. The lack of LH is accompanied by increased production of follicle stimulating hormone (FSH), resulting in actively developing multiple eggs.
Normal should be considered is the condition of the gonads in girls in puberty and in women within a few cycles after stopping hormonal contraceptives.
Symptoms and diagnosis of ovarian multifollicular
In most cases, signs of ovarian multifollicular not expressed, no pain or changes in health women. The only manifestation may be a violation of the menstrual cycle. Sometimes there is chronic amenorrhea: cessation of menstruation for six months or longer, which is caused by lack of ovulation of eggs.
Most often, the pathology is determined by chance during ultrasound or pelvic exam when the doctor notes the increase in the size of the gonads.
It is important to distinguish multifollicular ovaries from cystic degeneration. In this pathology the follicle before ovulation, cystic turns into a bubble filled with liquid. On a single ultrasound examination of the variation of the rules is sometimes impossible to distinguish from polycystic, so it takes a few tests in different periods of the monthly cycle. Polycystic degeneration it is important to identify as early as possible and start treatment immediately. This will help the presence of the following signs.
- Polycystic ovaries increase considerably in size, while multifollicular remain in the normal range.
- Cystic capsule is thickened, especially in its Central part.
- The number of ripening follicles in the polycystic much more – from 10.
- Polycystic disease accompanied by hormonal disorders, often manifested visually.
Multifollicular the ovaries are not a diagnosis, conclusion, ultrasonic analysis. If this condition is not accompanied by a violation of the cycle and absence of ovulation, it is considered normal and requires no treatment. Otherwise, appoint additional research to identify possible pathologies of the endocrine system.
Most often multifollicular ovaries is not a sentence to wanting to get pregnant women because ovulation of follicles is still happening. However, this condition is the reason for careful monitoring of pregnancy because it can cause spontaneous it is discontinued or premature birth.
In some cases, pathology ovulation of germ cells does not occur, which eliminates the possibility of conception.
Treatment multifollicular ovarian syndrome
Treatment multifollicular ovaries is necessary only if they show themselves pathological processes in the body: hormonal balance is disturbed, loses the menstrual cycle does not occur is confirmed by the tests ovulation of the egg for 4 – 5 months.
For the purpose of treatment requires a comprehensive endocrine-gynecological examination. It is important to determine the cause of the pathology development. Drug therapy can be prescribed only by a qualified physician; self-treatment with high probability only hurt women’s body.
- If the cause multifollicular changes has been the reception for a long time of hormonal contraceptives, it is recommended to stop their use, to observe the reaction of the body and to give time for the ovaries to recover its functions. At this time, you can use a barrier method of protection.
- The abnormal development of follicles is the correction of hormonal background of the patient. Used drugs that stimulate ovulation and regulate the synthesis of luteinizing and follicle-stimulating hormone (Menopur, Clostilbegyt, Gonal). This therapy promotes the release of the dominant follicle, activation of its development and ovulation.
- Needs to be a careful control over weight: a sharp change in body weight could trigger hormonal changes and disorders of ovarian function. The patient should follow therapeutic diet, get moderate exercise.
- For the same reason you should avoid overexertion and stress.
Treatment with traditional medicine
Any additional treatment must be confirmed by the doctor.
- Recommended for ovarian multifollicular to drink soothing herbal remedies. Problems in the sexual sphere, as a rule, hurtful to women and herbal remedies can relieve tension and create a favorable background for traditional therapy. In addition, it helps to fight against stress factors, in the end, normalizing the hormonal balance.
- To compensate and reduce menstrual blood loss is recommended to use a collection of dry medicinal herbs: St. John’s wort, Potentilla goose, Rue, seeds, and fruits of juniper and fennel. There are other compositions that have similar properties: the roots and seeds of parsley, rose hips and grass bitter wormwood.
- Decoctions of herbs act directly on the hypothalamic-pituitary system, normalizing its work. Apply for this birch leaves, peppermint, Valerian root, milfoil and buckthorn bark.
Folk medicines and herbs are a good support for traditional drug therapy, reduce the dose of pharmaceutical drugs and improve the General condition of the patient.
Multifollicular change of the ovaries is often not the pathology, but in some cases can be a sign of a serious disease. Be careful about your health!