Multinodular uterine fibroids: treatments and causes
Despite the fact that uterine fibroids is a benign education, is a high threat not only to the development of a multinodular form of pathology, but also of rebirth in malignant tumors. The myomatosis not only to cause the woman pain and cause menstrual irregularities, but also become a big problem in the conception and gestation of the fetus, and is also one of the causes of infertility.
It is important to note that in the presence of a multinodular myoma, to treat her will need. How to diagnose multinodular myoma of large size, and whether its treatment? What therapies are used for multi-node form myomatosis of the uterus?
What symptoms signal the presence of disease?
Multinodular form myomatosis is a benign when the tumour involves two or more nodes, despite the fact whether they are large or small in size. Components of a tumor can be formed on top of one another, or clinging tightly to each other, in the thickness of the myometrium, the outer surface of the uterus or in its cavity.
The development of benign tumors causes an increase in the concentration of estrogen and hormonal imbalance in the body, which is why one of the symptoms of myomatosis is a violation of the menstrual cycle.
The development of a MultiSite reproductive organ fibroids to large sizes manifested such symptoms:
- spotting, have no connection with menstruation;
- the pressure in the pelvic area (the tumor is pressing on the bowel or bladder);
- disorders of defecation and urination;
- a longer and regular period, the presence of blood clots;
- gain pain in the abdomen during the menses, spasms in the lower back give;
- nausea, fatigue, dizziness, loss of appetite (due to the increase in blood loss);
- increases the stomach (active growth of fibroids).
Why is treatment multinodular fibroids?
A benign neoplasm consisting of multiple myomatous nodes, and deforms the reproductive organ, that a doctor may see while performing an ultrasound diagnosis. Multinodular myoma of the uterus, which reached big sizes, it can be diagnosed during examination: enlarged abdomen, while the other part of the body remains the same size. The size of the tumor is equivalent with the condition of the uterus when a pregnancy is measured in weeks of pregnancy.
In the case of large units the symptoms will be pronounced, especially for lower abdominal pain not only during menstruation. Menstrual cycle become shorter, changing its periodicity.
A woman loses a lot of energy due to frequent and abundant bleeding, which are caused by the presence of large myomatous catch. If not given treatment, it can lead to the development of anemia.
Multinodular myoma more often than a single may degenerate into a malignant tumor.
That’s why you can’t ignore the advice of a doctor in terms of treatment if were diagnosed with a multinodular myoma of the uterus. In this situation watchful waiting is not appropriate because there is a high risk of active growth of tumors and the emergence of severe symptoms.
The doctor determines the direction of the treatment multinodular myoma, taking into account the following criteria:
- the age of the woman;
- localization of nodes pathology;
- the presence of concomitant diseases.
If you were diagnosed with small knots myomatous neoplasms, which are characterized by slow growth, the doctor may prescribe drug therapy. To minimize trauma during surgical intervention, before the planned surgery, the doctor prescribes a course of medicines aimed at reducing the size of the multinodular tumor.
Also after surgery treatment is medication to make surgery more efficient and to help the body recover faster.
Multinodular myoma of the small sizes may regress in the presence of the hormone replacement therapy drugs:
- Gestrinone, Danazol. Synthetic analogs of male sex hormones, act by suppressing production of FSH and LH. When you receive this kind of drugs nodes are not fed by hormones, which cease to grow;
- The Main Cough Medicine. Analogues of progesterone, reduce the activity of estrogens that trigger the growth of fibroids. These drugs are prescribed in combination of the tumor with endometrial hyperplasia. Sometimes drugs can trigger the active growth of myomatous nodes, so self-treatment is unacceptable;
- Diferelin, Buserelin, Zoladex. Agonists gonadotropin-releasing hormone form the same environment in the female body, as in menopause, the ovaries cease to function, and sex hormones are no longer receiving the blood, and that stunts the development of fibroids.
Generally, medical drugs are prescribed in combination with vitamins and painkillers. The appointment can only be done by the physician individually in each case.
Surgery for multinodular myoma
If was diagnosed with a multinodular myoma of large size, in any case, shows the operation. There are some types of surgical intervention:
- Embolization of the uterine arteries that nourish the fibroids. This case is covered by the blood access nodes, which leads to tumor reduction in size or complete disappearance. In the femoral artery under General anesthesia introduced blocking drugs. The reduction of nodes in the size takes a few months;
- Myomectomy. Carrying out such a method of surgical intervention is shown in that case, if a woman is planning a pregnancy. In this case removes only the fibroids and the uterus remains. The operation is performed using a laparoscope or hysteroscope, and for large size of tumors in the abdominal wall incision;
- FUZZ-MRI. Surgery is performed using ultrasound and MRI capsule without the dictates of surgical instruments in the pelvic area. The procedure can be performed the woman is not planning to give birth, or before the onset of menopause;
- Ablation of the endometrium. This method of operation is appropriate if the fibroids are localized in the oral reproductive organ and when size is not more than 10-12 weeks of pregnancy. Chances of conceiving with this method, operations are greatly reduced;
- Hysterectomy. It is a radical operation that involves not only the deletion of nodes the tumor and uterus. Shall be conducted only when other methods of surgical intervention ineffective.
Traditional methods of treatment
National treatment multinodular myoma of the uterus can only be regarded as auxiliary. Before taking any traditional remedies should consult a doctor. Perhaps the doctor and he prescribed some traditional medicine that will be effective in stopping bleeding and reduce fibroids and a complete cure of the disease.
It is important to understand that the treatment multinodular fibroids reproductive organ is much more complicated than a single neoplasm. Well, if the pathology is detected early, then treatment will be more effective. It is therefore important to regularly visit the gynecologist and to monitor changes in your body.