Mustard coughing children and adults: how and where to put, instructions for use
How to put a mustard plaster for coughs?
A proven tool for the treatment of cough in children and adults – this lotion with dry mustard. Baby mustard when you cough to help get rid of powerful attacks and greatly facilitate the patient’s condition in the case of viral or infectious lesions of the upper respiratory tract.
Treatment of cough by mustard allows to eliminate the main symptoms after the first application. However, this is only one of the methods of complex influence. To get rid of the reflex process is fully booked only to fail. When using this method it is important to know all the details and carefully study the instructions for use, as most people use this medication incorrectly, causing severe injury.
Why the need for mustard, and where to put them
Mustard is a sure way to eliminate the cough at the very early stage of development of the disease. The correct application of mustard plasters for coughs chest gets rid of hoarseness, dry throat, reduce the symptoms of dry cough.
How to cure a dry cough can be obtained in this material.
The yellow card is dry or fat-free powder, which is applied to a sheet of heavy cloth or in a filter bag. Upon contact with hot water, the facility produces oil, which acts on the center of inflammation through the skin. It is important to correctly apply the patch, so the natural question is, where to put a mustard plaster for coughs.
Please note in the photo correct application of mustard plaster:
For correct application of the filter bag should be applied to the following areas:
- In the treatment of cough in the background of bronchitis lotion is superimposed to the back or chest.
- Dry cough remedy should be imposed between the shoulder blades.
- Patients suffering from cough on the background of inflammation laryngotracheitis, mustard stacked on the chest.
- In the treatment of the inflammatory process in the bronchial mucosa, mustard is put over the area between the shoulder blades.
- For best results, the lotion should alternate between chest and back. If the patient suffers from a strong cough, then a yellow card can be applied to the feet.
For reference! Children the mustard should be placed only on the chest!
When to use the tool
Treatment with mustard plasters are allowed when an infectious or viral disease of the mucosa or the respiratory tract. In addition, a favorable effect of treatment is manifested in inflammation of the bronchial mucosa and lungs.
In addition, the use of this medication is important during prolonged dry cough, which appeared as a result of inflammation of the bronchial mucosa or in the case of tracheitis.
What happens after applying
After application of the dry filter bag at the site of application is a strong redness. Such a process should not cause panic, as the change in color of the skin indicates the rush of blood in the affected area. When activated, blood circulation in patient’s blood vessels dilate and there is a strong excitation of the receptors.
As a result, the patient notes the warming inflamed areas, and release of the hormones adrenaline and noradrenaline. They improve metabolic processes in the body that produce a favourable effect on the health of the patient.
As a result of this process is an increase in the level of oxygen in the affected area and meals inflamed area. Therefore, put mustard when coughing adult a must in case of severe dry cough. This procedure stops the pain and disinfects, reduces inflammation in the throat. In addition, this treatment helps to reduce symptoms of cough and relieve spasms.
For reference! Overlaying mustard plasters allows you to bring the mucus and exert mucolytic action.
How to put a mustard plaster for cough children
For the application of the yellow card are required to strictly follow the instructions. Clearly following the specified rules, you will be able to avoid the formation of burns and other side effects.
- To start, fill a bowl with warm water.
- Ensure that the water temperature was above forty degrees.
- In addition, prepare a blanket, towel and cream.
- Lower the bag with the mustard in a bowl for ten minutes.
- Then apply the mixture to the back or breast of the child.
- Keep the compress for five to fifteen minutes.
- During treatment, the patient should be kept under a blanket.
- Ensure that the Windows in the room were closed.
- If during treatment the patient feels itching and severe burning, the procedure should be stopped.
- After treatment, wipe the skin with a towel and then apply the cream.
For the best of the action immediately after the procedure, give the patient a tea with honey or a decoction of medicinal herbs.
Keep in mind that the treatment of cough in children by means of this procedure can cause burns and a number of unpleasant sensations. Therefore, in order to avoid dangerous consequences, between the skin and filter-bag put a loose cloth. Adult care actions are similar, but the use of fabric is not required.
For reference! If the patient is tormented by a dry cough, treatment may be increased to one week.
The frequency of application
The treatment it is important to determine how often you can put a mustard plaster for coughs.
The duration of treatment these lotions should not exceed two weeks. Every day is recommended for one procedure, but to use this method is often not recommended. However, it is only adult care.
If adults can apply up to ten treatments in a row, children filter bags put through the day.
With a daily application of mustard should alternate and be it on his back, on his chest.
Important! Treatment toothpaste is only recommended with the twelve months.
The patch with the medicine chest or the back should be kept in accordance with age. Usually they are appointed from three to fifteen minutes:
- One treatment for sore throats in children, the toothpaste recommended to keep no more than three minutes.
- A child with 3 years at the time of application is extended to five minutes.
- From the age of seven the yellow card can be kept for up to seven minutes.
- From eight to twelve years lotion should be kept from five to ten minutes in accordance with the nature of the inflammation.
- For the treatment of adults mustard can be kept to fifteen minutes.
If at the time of the procedure, the patient noted itching, burning, soreness, treatment should be stopped. To apply mustard should also not in strong skin redness or irritation.
Is it possible to put a mustard plaster for coughs will determine the attending physician. Despite widespread use of this method, it has certain contraindications:
- do not use lotion if you are allergic;
- in the case of malignant tumors;
- in pulmonary diseases;
- in the case of bronchial asthma;
- acute respiratory infections;
- purulent inflammation;
- when weeping eczema;
- atopic dermatitis.
If the treatment you do not notice the improvement of health, you should seek the advice of a physician.
Mustard is an old method of treatment of cough. It effectively reduces symptoms and improves overall health of the patient. However, it is very important to adhere to all rules of therapy, otherwise the patient can cause irritation at the site of application gadgets.