Nasal spray Flix: indrakila, reviews and analogues
How to use nasal spray Flix?
Flix – spray for nose, belongs to anti-inflammatory and antihistamine drugs. The local action of the drug does not cause emergent effect of the occurrence of functional changes in body systems.
The composition and form of issue
Active ingredient of a drug is mometasone – synthetic adrenal hormone. Additional components: sodium salt of citric acid (food additive E 331), glycerin, cellulose, antiseptic (benzalkonium chloride), a surfactant (Polysorbate fatty acids), water.
From the body medication be displayed partially the bile ducts, partly – urinary system. The half-life is about six hours. In blood plasma practically is not defined.
The tool is produced in the form of vials with spectatora, capacity 9 oz. or 18 gr. A single injection is 50 mg. In the form of a drop in the nose Flix is not possible.
Indications for use
Complex diseases in which Flix is recommended for use, include inflammatory and allergic pathology of the sinuses, seasonal and chronic nature:
- an acute disease of the nasal mucosa and paranasal sinuses (rhinosinusitis) is not of bacterial nature;
- inflammation of the nasal cavity (rhinitis) respiratory or allergic nature;
- inflammation of the sinuses (sinusitis) in patients over 12 years of age;
- a complex disease of the sinuses (rhinosinusitis) in adolescents from 12 to 18 years and adults;
- swelling of the nasal mucosa and nasal;
- painless growths in the nose of benign origin (nasal polyps) in adults.
Instructions for use nasal spray Flix defines the features of the use of the drug in various diseases and average dose. In each case, the duration of treatment and dosage appointed by the doctor.
Important. Each use of the spray should be accompanied by a preliminary cleansing of the nose and mucus discharge. The best option is to wash the sinuses with a special solution.
Rhinitis of allergic etiology (chronic and seasonal)
A medicine used for the prevention and elimination of the disease. Allowed the elderly. The activity of the spray is observed in 10-14 hours. For single use produced by the two injection (100 mcg) in each nostril.
The recommended dose is 200 mcg a day, that is once. As a preventive measure, and the weakening symptoms daily dosage is 100 mcg. Maximum dosage may reach 400 mcg every 24 hours.
The increase in the number of drug for a single use is permitted in the absence of relief of the condition after using the recommended dose. After the acute period of the disease, the dosage should be cut.
For children 2 to 12 years prophylactic dose (one injection). In pathological seasonal allergies to plants, it is recommended to start prophylaxis for 5-7 days to the flowering period.
Rhinosinusitis acute rhinitis and acute
Treatment of the disease in the acute phase involves doubling the daily dose – 2 injection (100 mcg) every 12 hours, for a total of 400 mg per day. In case of persistent symptoms, increase the dosage with the doctor’s permission up to 800 mcg.
Nasal growths (polyps)
For treatment use a standard dose of 100 mcg (2 injections in one nostril) two times a day. You should know that the drug does not eliminate the polyps completely, and facilitates the condition of the patient, and reduces the size of the growths. With the weakening of symptoms, the dosage is reduced by half. The application is shown only to adults (of full age).
The spray has no pronounced toxic effects. In excess of the number of injections, can rarely experience nausea and minor headaches.
The spray is not prescribed in the following cases:
- individual allergic to mometasone and other ingredients to the Flix;
- traumatic, and postoperative mechanical damage to nasal mucosa;
- the children’s age.
Despite the paucity of obvious contraindications, the drug has a number of limitations:
- Pregnancy. The spray is in the list of products of category C that means that in the application of medicine remains harm to the fetus. The use of the drug is allowed if there is no possibility of replacement for a drug of similar effect. The ratio of therapeutic effect and possible risk, treatment Flix is highly undesirable. If a woman during pregnancy I used this spray, the child is subject to compulsory examination to exclude the diagnosis of hypoadrenalism. Objective data on the allocation of the active substance (mometasone) through breast milk is not available. Therefore, the application to the Flix lactation is not recommended.
- The children’s age. For the treatment of children, drug use with caution with 2 years. The safety of spray is not proven. Whenever possible, doctors will not prescribe it to twelve years of age.
- The active form of tuberculosis. If rhinitis occurs when you have this disease, Flix is recommended to be used with caution in minimal doses.
- The violation of adrenal function. Therapy spray is carried out under strict supervision of a physician.
To side effects from the use of nasal drugs include:
- spontaneous bleeding from the nose.
- irritation of the nasal mucosa;
- inflammation of the lining of the throat (pharyngitis);
- violation of smell (rarely).
Important: Flix is not classified as safe drugs, therefore, do not use the spray without the permission of the doctor.
In the pharmaceutical market presents several analogs of nasal spray Flix. The most popular include: Nasonex, Flixonase and lower blood pressure mother. The drugs are eliminating inflammatory and allergic processes in the nasal cavity. Contraindications and indications for use of analogues identical to the original. Side effects are not expressed.
Comparative characteristics to the Flix and its substitutes
|Medicine||The active ingredient||Country of origin||Price|
|Flix||mometasone furoate||Turkey||450 RUB.|
|Nasonex||mometasone furoate||Belgium||650 RUB.|
|Likosane||propionate fluticasone||Spain, Poland||780 RUB.|
|Aamir||fourat fluticasone||Russia||660 RUB.|
Important. Replace the original the same performance of the drug only after consulting with the doctor.
The effectiveness of the treatment spray Flix is achieved in full compliance with the instructions for use and advice. Testimonials from patients who used nasal medication, in most cases positive. Doctors describe the drug as effective for treating allergic and inflammatory manifestations in adult patients.
Ian, 42 years: the Past few years often suffered from otitis, and rhinitis. Blocked nose, ear infection cure is almost impossible. So always had to use the vasoconstrictor nasal drops. On the advice of the ENT doctors began to use Flix spray. Was treated according to the scheme: two zilch in the morning and two in the evening. The relief felt by approximately the third day. It is very important to use the Flix soon after cleansing the mucous. I rinsed with sea salt solution. Now upon the slightest suspicion of a cold I use this tool.
Irina, 50 years: Medicine Flix I was prescribed by a doctor for relieving symptoms of allergic rhinitis. The tool really works. Was nasal congestion, and edema of the mucosa disappeared. The drug is convenient to use and carry as it is released in the form of a spray. Use in the spring, when the lilacs bloom and wild cherry. Bottle lasts for a long time, so I think that the price is justified.
Oksana, 23 years: Used the Flix after polypotomy (removal of growths in the nose – polyps) on the recommendation of the doctor. No side effects occurred. The addiction it causes. Can recommend to anyone with similar problems. The only drawback is the high cost of drugs.