Noise in ear: causes and treatments why noise in one ear
Why noise in the ear and how to treat it?
To date, the tinnitus gets more than 30% of the population. The sounds of the first degree do not bring strong discomfort and speed. That is why many do not give this phenomenon any difference, but as a rule, noise is the first alarm that the body takes.
If people are constantly subconsciously feels the sound that interferes with concentration, does not sleep, need expert help. The doctor will determine the cause of the problem and put an accurate diagnosis, because the sounds are just one of the symptoms of certain diseases. In this article you can learn all about the noise in the ear, causes and treatment of this symptom.
The causes of noise in the ear with one hand
In medicine, the tinnitus is called tinnitus, which is subjective in nature, ie not amenable to evaluation. Very often the sound is like a dull bell, but sometimes patients describe it as buzzing, whistling and clicking. It all depends on perception eardrums, and it is different for each person.
Noise in one ear, and both can lead to a number of reasons:
- diseases of external, middle and inner ear;
- waxy build-up in the ears, which are characterized by a light rustling, as sulphur is an active substance, and its energy is sound;
- the natural aging of the body, accompanied by a sudden hearing loss;
- otosclerosis – abnormal disease of the middle ear, the growth of the cyst that puts pressure on the left hemisphere of the skull (respectively, the patient feels the noise in the left ear);
- tumor of head or neck;
- a tumor of the middle ear;
- high blood pressure (causes constant noise of blood in ear, similar to the boiling of water);
- head injury (concussion, bruises);
- damage to ear membranes;
- low levels of serotonin.
There are also some diseases of internal organs, which cause auditory hallucinations:
- thyroid disease, which is characterized by the buzzing in the ears;
- cholesterol plaques that form within arteries (they pose a risk of diseases such as stroke and characterized by a noise in the ears);
- kidney disease — a common cause of stuffiness of the ears (causes temporary deafness);
- heart disease.
Subconsciously reflex sensation of noise can be caused by multiple reasons:
- emotional stress, e.g., stress;
- physical exhaustion (fatigue);
- the toxic poisoning of the body, which does not manifest the standard features of nausea and vomiting, and causes auditory hallucinations;
- great sound load experiencing ear during long listening music, visiting noisy places (concerts, clubs, matches, stadiums, theaters).
In most cases, tinnitus occurs when the total violations of the hearing aid, but sometimes it is a side effect of some medications (antispasmodics and strong psychotropic drugs).
What is the noise?
Tinnitus manifests itself in different ways. It all depends on the reasons that caused this symptom. There are also some mental disorders, in which is heard the human whisper, but as a rule, people with such symptoms undergo serious mental rehabilitation.
When a patient seeks help, the doctor should clearly describe the symptoms as precisely as possible describe the sound that he was constantly worried. It can be:
- a monotonous noises – whistles, the rattling, the rustling, the distant ringing;
- hard sound — the sound of bells, the melody of the song (the psychological pathology that provoked auditory hallucinations).
The distribution of the isolated noise:
- objective – the sounds that in addition to the patient may hear the doctor, but this happens very rarely;
- subjective – such sounds are able to hear only the patient.
According to the etymology of the origin of the sound in the ears, it is divided into two groups:
- vibration – noises that occur when reductions in neuromuscular and vascular tissue bodies hearing AIDS (objective);
- no vibration – in case of irritation of the nerve endings just the hearing aid, there is a dull noise (subjective).
Why most noise in the ear on the left? The left hemisphere of the brain is responsible for touch sensation, which include hearing. Therefore, when various kinds of diseases of hearing AIDS and other diseases, noise occurs initially in the left ear.
In practice, it has been proven that the involuntary noise hallucinations arise as a consequence of stress or overexertion.
When to see a doctor?
If you start to hear noise in left ear or right, you need to understand how to get rid of it. Only a medical examination can solve this problem. If such noise is characterized by periodicity, they occur after listening to music, attending noisy events, after heavy physical exertion, then there is no need for examination and treatment. A good night’s sleep and a little rest will help to restore the body.
A visit to the doctor is necessary if the ringing is accompanied by a number of additional symptoms:
- headaches and dizziness;
- pain inside the ear;
- strong, sharp pain when pressing on the tragus of the ear;
- nausea, vomiting, loss of appetite;
- visible inflammation and redness of the ear, causing pain;
- possible discharge from both ears;
- General malaise.
To detect the cause of this unpleasant phenomenon, it is necessary for a complete examination, which begins with examination by an otolaryngologist. The doctor will conduct an otoscopy, which will help establish the external and internal signs of damage to the ear.
What to do if the noise in the left ear, in the absence of external signs of damage? There is no such kind of study — as threshold audiometry. With this method, analyzing the possibility of brain perception of high frequency sounds. A special device measures the amplitude of noise that can be heard, and when asked to describe the sound.
To ascertain whether there is noise in the ears, conduct auscultation of the temporal region. This procedure is able to determine the type of noise that the patient hears.
There is a disease such as meningitis – inflammation of the cerebral cortex. Inflammatory processes strongly affect the auditory system and nervous system. Hearing perceive the slightest flow of air, which causes terrible pain.
There are many additional methods of diagnosis:
- radiography of the temporal region;
- MRI of neck and vertebra;
- diagnosis of vestibular function;
Basic treatment includes:
- drug therapy;
- physiological procedures.
The method of treatment depends on the disease. If there are inflammatory processes of the hearing aid in the ear injected a special solution (drops), which has a local effect, relieving inflammation and swelling, restoring tissue.
Otosclerosis consider a fairly severe illness. It is a pathological disease of the middle ear stimulates the growth of the cyst that puts pressure on the left hemisphere of the skull. How to treat noise in the left ear with otosclerosis? For diseases such a plan is resorted to the comprehensive treatment with drug therapy and physiological procedures.
Medication is to exchange the use of certain groups of drugs:
- psychostimulant agents;
- remedies for cramps and spasms;
- tools that improve brain activity.
If auditory hallucinations were caused by diseases of internal organs, without proper treatment, nothing will be able to remove the sound symptoms.
If we talk about the physiological therapy, these include laser therapy and endourology electrophoresis. Such procedures are used in severe inflammatory processes (such as otosclerosis). If persistent noise in the ears lead to serious hearing loss, doctors establish a hearing aid.
Remember, initially the noise in one ear looks like a completely harmless phenomenon, but over time can lead to the development of the pathology and severe hearing problems. When not treated, the consequences can be severe. If there are no serious deviations from health, the doctor prescribes a preventive procedure, aimed at improving auditory skills and elimination of symptoms.