Nose drops Farmazolin: instructions for use, use during pregnancy
How to apply nose drops Farmazolin?
Nose drops Farmazolin is a drug of local action, which can be used during pregnancy and breastfeeding. Medication can be used for the treatment of children, but should comply with the dosage and strictly follow the doctor’s recommendations.
About the drug
Only is a drug that has indications and contraindications. It is used during the treatment of rhinitis of different etiologies. Helps to cope with manifestations of otitis media and other diseases of the nasopharynx, which are inflammatory in nature.
How are the drops:
- Getting into the sinuses, reduces puffiness.
- Help to cope with nasal congestion and copious, mucous secretions.
- It has a local effect, i.e. not affecting the body as a whole.
- Reduces itching and irritation of the mucous membranes.
Once in the human body, the drops start to operate in about 10-15 minutes. The effect will be faster if you clear the sinuses of mucus.
Because the drug has a vasoconstrictor effect, it helps to stop the profuse discharge from the nose. The effect of the use of medication is maintained for 6 hours.
Indications for the use of Only can be considered:
- acute rhinitis (including one that arose as a result of allergic reactions);
- acute sinusitis;
- obstruction of nasal breathing;
- swelling of the mucous membranes of the nasopharynx;
- otitis media.
Help. Drops can be used not only as medicine but also as a prophylactic agent before surgical intervention.
Have drug and contraindications, instructions for use nose drops Only says that they cannot be used in the presence of the following diseases:
- Rhinitis, which is atrophic in nature (damage to the mucous membranes, ulceration).
- Angle-closure glaucoma (increased intraocular pressure).
- Hyperthyroidism (and other diseases of endocrine nature).
- Arterial hypertension (raising blood pressure for a variety of reasons).
- Individual intolerance to the drug.
- Atherosclerotic changes.
Despite the fact that remedy has a local action it is not used if there is a patient vasoconstriction, atherosclerosis and other diseases of the cardiovascular system (cardiovascular system).
The dosage of the medication and the directions for use developing doctor. It all depends on the age of the patient and his condition.
The drops can be purchased in almost any pharmacy item, it is available without a prescription. The cost of the drug does not exceed 100 p.
Method of application
Use the medication should not deviate from the following guidelines:
- Adults and patients 12 years of age drops are prescribed in a dosage of 0.5 or 1%. To use medication can be from 1 to 3 times a day. Bury Only recommend 1-3 drops in each sinus.
- Children aged 6 to 12 years is recommended to reduce the dosage and use only the 0.5% solution. Drip 2-3 drops in each nostril 1 to 3 times a day.
- Kids aged 6 months to 5 years register only 0.5% solution. It is infused into every bosom 1-2 drops up to 3 times a day.
- If we are talking about a child under 6 months of age, he the drug can be discharged in the following dosage: 0,5% after every 6 to 8 hours 1 drop into each nostril.
Attention! The duration of therapy should not be more than 3-5 days, especially when it comes to treating children.
Use in pregnancy and lactation
To answer the question is it possible to use Only during pregnancy needs a doctor. If we talk about the standard contraindications of the drug, pregnancy and lactation this list is not included.
Why medication can you use when breastfeeding and in the period of carrying a child:
- The tool is allowed to use it due to the fact that it has a local effect, i.e., does not penetrate into the bloodstream.
- Drops cannot influence the growth and development of the fetus.
- Do not affect the quality and quantity of milk does not alter its taste and other characteristics.
The essence of local action is that the drug does not affect the organism as a whole. It acts at a specific site.
If we talk about the drops, they have an impact solely on the nasal mucosa.
If you do not use the medication too often, to avoid overdose and to carry out therapy under the supervision of a physician, it is possible to achieve good results.
As for the dosage, it should identify the doctor. It is possible to drip 1 drop of Taufon in each nostril 6-8 hours.
If the effect of treatment is missing or is weak, need to adjust therapy, it is necessary to address to the otolaryngologist.
Before you drip the medicine in the nose is to warm the bottle a little to hold it in my hand. When the droplets get warm you can use them as intended.
Special indications and signs of overdose
If too frequent use of the drug can cause the following undesirable side effects:
- dizziness, impairment of visual acuity;
- headaches, migraines;
- tachycardia, abnormal heart rhythm;
- insomnia, urge to vomit, nausea.
Caution! If you use drops frequently, not observing the specified dosage, it may lead to the development of depression.
Another is to study the drug interaction tools. It may not be combined with certain medicines. It will come to the development of unwanted side effects and will certainly affect health.
What to do with the appearance of unpleasant symptoms:
- To consult a doctor as soon as possible.
- To abandon the use of the drug.
- Make absorbent means.
- Drink plenty of water and stay in bed.
What medications should not be taken Only:
- with antidepressants tetracyclic type (can cause problems with blood pressure blood);
- drops don’t mix well with those drugs that increase the release of adrenaline in the blood;
- calcium antagonists attenuate the therapeutic effect means;
- the agonists can enhance the effect of the Only.
Treatment of rhinitis or chronic rhinitis using the drug Only should be under the supervision of a physician. You can buy the tool at the drugstore and use it within 24 hours. Then go to the doctor and tell him about the drug.
If we are talking about a child or a pregnant woman, Only can be used as emergency assistance, which will help to avoid complications. But to see a doctor will still have to, otherwise there is the risk of incorrectly calculated the dosage and to face unwanted complications.