Nosebleeds in children: reasons why blood
Why bleeding from the nose in children?
The sudden release of blood from the nose is disturbing how the child and his parents. It is important not to panic, and as quickly as possible to help.
Nose bleeding starts suddenly. It can occur regularly and with varying intensity. It is very important to know the cause of the onset of bleeding for proper assistance.
Types of bleeding
In the nasal mucosa contains a huge number of capillaries that provide the blood supply to the nose.
Air getting into the nose to reach the required temperature and only then to enter the lungs. In addition, the fall in tissue blood, promotes hydration of the mucosa, creates an environment in which viruses and infections die.
Why the child is bleeding from the nose? This question bothers many parents. In children nasal capillaries differ in fineness and therefore often damaged. As a consequence of the bleeding.
Before you stop bleeding, you need to determine its type.
There are the following types with the characteristics:
- Blood mass is allocated from the front of the division. This is the most common. If a small vessel has burst, the child has a nose bleed. Such bleeding can be diagnosed quickly, because the blood is only from one nostril, while misses the throat.
- The blood is from the posterior. This type occurs less frequently and it carries a certain risk. Occurs when damaged major artery and this can lead to the loss of a significant amount of blood. Allocations are observed from both nostrils at the same time they can drain into the throat.
Causes of bleeding in children
There are some causes of bloody noses in children. Take a closer look.
Injury and drying out of the mucous
Very often blood is precisely because of the mechanical damage. The child can dig deeper in the nose, blow your nose with force, as a consequence of bleeding.
The mucous membrane must be kept hydrated. This allows the nose to perform assigned functions and to protect the body from the penetration of pathogens and bacteria.
Drying occurs when in the room where the child is sufficient time, dry and hot.
Comfortable air temperature should be between 20 ° C and humidity of 60%. If this condition is not met, there may be epistaxis. Humidity can be increased by incorporating a humidifier or placing containers with water.
Very dry air heaters. Read more about optimum moisture content for a child, please click here.
In the summer it often happens overheating of the body. In winter, the body can overheat when the temperature of the body, what causes acute respiratory illness or a cold.
Violation of hematopoiesis and avitaminoz
If the blood has poor clotting, can cause bleeding. In this case, it is very difficult to stop. This is especially true when bismarckiana.
Insufficient quantity of vitamin K. to Replenish you eating cabbage, avocado, bananas, soy, egg, dairy products, cow whole milk, olive oil.
Vitamin C is responsible for the elasticity of blood vessels and its insufficient quantity in the body leads to capillary fragility. Most often these bleedings arise after the disease, but also in winter and autumn.
Parents, it is important to monitor the child’s diet and it as much as possible to diversify.
The development of dystonia, if before the bleeding child complains of tinnitus and headache. Children are very sensitive to changes in temperature and weather. This causes changes in blood pressure, leading to fragility of blood vessels.
If the teenager is often bleeding from the nose, namely the girls, the reason is hormonal imbalance.
Tissue that make up the nose and the sexual organs of the same type, the blood rushes to them at the beginning of menstruation.
Nasal capillaries are sometimes not able to withstand the increased volume of liquid and burst.
I have established a normal menstrual cycle, these problems end. In this case, it is necessary to consult a doctor gynecologist.
Also causes of bleeding can be stress, fatigue, or runny nose.
With a sudden start bleeding, it is necessary to provide timely and proper assistance. If you often bleeding from the nose the child’s parents should immediately visit the doctor. Because this may indicate serious disease.
Causes of frequent bleeding can be:
- Kidney disease,
- Heart disease, gastrointestinal tract and liver.
Only a qualified doctor can establish the cause of the discharge and put the exact diagnosis. And also, if necessary, prescribe tests.
Important! To stop bleeding a lay back or tilt your head. But it should not do. Because of bleeding will flow into the stomach that is unhealthy.
How to cope with bleeding
There are certain tactics that will help to cope with bleeding. Aid for nosebleed:
- Do not panic, because this can only scare the child. Keep calm.
- To seat the child on a chair, his head to tilt slightly forward to weight blood freely flowed from his nose.
- To ask what actions preceded this situation, perhaps the nose was tucked any object or fall and injury.
- Slightly squeeze the wings of the nose, to make breathing through the mouth. Insert cotton swabs into each nostril. To enhance the effect of cotton wool impregnated with hydrogen peroxide. After performing the action the bleeding to stop after 3 — 5 minutes.
- Very effective is the cold. A rag should be wetted with cold water and apply to the nose, or apply ice, pre-wrapped in cloth. This procedure is aimed at vasoconstriction and stop bleeding.
- Stopped to check the blood or not. If no, then repeat the procedure again. In the absence of a positive result, it is necessary to call and call an ambulance.
When constantly bleeding from the nose, the child often given oral vitamin complexes for strengthening blood vessels, they are selected depending on characteristics of the organism and age.
Important! It is strictly forbidden to self-medicate, because it can lead to complications. If you experience alarming symptoms to seek medical attention.
Very often a child worried about the bleeding it was at night and in the morning. Perhaps the reason for the change in blood pressure, leading to rupture of blood vessels. Prolonged stay of the child in a room with dry air will lead to drying out of the mucosa.
The following are cases in which it is necessary immediately call an ambulance:
- Spotting abundant, which cannot be stopped.
- Blood, in addition to nose, stands out from his mouth, ear or other organs.
- Baby before it got hurt.
- If you have a serious disease: diabetes, tumors.
When the tendency to nosebleeds must adhere to preventive measures:
- In the room should be cool and moist air. During the heating period it is necessary to use a humidifier.
- The implementation of frequent wet cleaning room and ventilation.
- From early childhood we need to teach the child how to clean the nose, that allows you to remove dust and dried brown. For this you can wash the nose with salt water or oil.
- A variety of complete meals with enough vitamins and minerals. Young body must receive sufficient vitamins and minerals necessary for growth and normal development.
- Apply vasoconstrictor drops only in extreme cases. Because these medications dry the mucous membrane that affects the blood vessels.
Forbid the child to pick your nose, it’s not aesthetically pleasing and not safe. For quick cleaning of the nose in the pocket should always be a handkerchief. Be healthy!