Not healing belly button after laparoscopy: causes and treatments
Laparoscopy is a modern surgical technique, is used quite widely in the treatment of gynecological and medical diseases. The main advantage of this surgical intervention in process technology, precluding the presence of scars. Despite the fact that laparoscopy is performed through three incisions, the process of healing is sometimes accompanied by complications. The most common is the unhealed navel after laparoscopy. Whether to panic in such a situation and what to do if the umbilical seam gets wet, even a few days after surgery, you should understand in detail.
The approximate duration of healing of the stitches after the laparoscopy
Given the relatively wide range of conditions the treatment of which is shown with the help of surgical intervention, the healing process of incisions may vary. The average normal for the incisions is considered the time-span of 1 — 1.5 weeks. But the reasons why wounds heal longer, can be quite varied.
- Age category of patient. During the life of the regenerative function of muscle tissue weaken, slowing down the healing process of sutures for a few days.
- Overweight, involving a large number of fatty layers, complicates the regeneration and promotes the development of unpleasant consequences.
- Unbalanced and high-calorie diet, especially in the postoperative period, gives a load on the muscles of the abdomen, which should be at maximum rest.
- Dehydration slows down the enrichment of oxygen to muscle tissue, which in the result affects the process of regeneration.
- Decreased immunity and chronic diseases of the endocrine system – are also quite frequent provocateurs prolonged healing of wounds after laparoscopy.
During the operation using the laparoscope the patient make three or four incision in the abdominal area, one of which is located below the navel — it introduces a standard camera. The umbilical incision’s healed longer than the others. Stitching of wounds after operation occurs in two ways: by clipping or the imposition of absorbable sutures. Although the sizes of incisions not exceeding 1 cm, the navel becomes wet longer than others, which often causes anxiety in patients.
Medical care with long-term nasazhivanii umbilical seam after laparoscopy
If the navel becomes wet longer than two or three weeks, panic and anxiety will not help to rectify the situation. The visit to the clinic – the only true in this case, the output, which will help to prevent the development of various infections and complications. Despite the use of absorbable yarns in the stitching, sometimes the resorption process occurs not through and there hotbed of infection and suppuration, requiring immediate medical intervention. Usually, the content oozing from the umbilical wound has sukrovichnye or serous character. The navel may be somewhat edematous and inflamed.
Standard procedures for the care of joints assigned to the patient after the laparoscopic surgery:
- overlay powatech applications with drugs that promote rapid healing of wounds without forming seals, and scarring;
- after the initial healing lubrication of the joints and the surrounding area ointments or creams having antiseptic and absorbing properties.
If consistently and systematically to accomplish these two medical recommendations complications should arise. But it happens that because of the age of the patient, or the presence of comorbidities navel becomes wet and does not heal even with a steady application of assigned medical products. In this case, the treating surgeon must examine the wound to avoid infection, and then assign a sequence of simple procedures.
- Processing of the near-weld area with alcohol.
- Wiping the wound with hydrogen peroxide.
- The gauze overlay of an application with the application sintomitsinovoy ointment. It is desirable to change this bandage every day or two.
It is important to limit the ingress of water and moisture in the incision area.
In the case of entry into a wound infection and development of the process of suppuration, it may require surgical opening of the seam to clean it of accumulated fluid. Usually after such a procedure provides for the installation of temporary drainage and taking a course of antibiotics.
In any case be self-medicate, since each medication not only has a positive effect on health, but also has contraindications, which are known only to specialists.
Many doctors recommend to treat the navel with household soap and disinfectant, which is not always the right treatment, and not everyone helps. The drying effect of both components visually eradicate the problem, but will not guarantee that the wound will not reopen during exercise. A thick crust formed by using the green stuff, will delay the regenerative process, while leaving the coarse postoperative scar. Thus, the reason why the wound is not healing for a long time, and remains unclear.
Physiotherapy treatments are very effective after complete healing of suture wounds. Prevention of scars and seals in the best form possible with the participation of the physiotherapist.
Folk medicine as a method of self-treatment is allowed only in the case when there has been prior consultation of the attending physician. Mother nature can be very effective in the treatment of numerous diseases and their complications if it is not used as the sole method of treatment. Safe ways are the use of dry-heat and anti-inflammatory dressings. Warm salt or sand, wrapped in a thick layer of tissue that must be applied to open the seam for a short time periods to cool down the funds.
Prevention of divergence of the umbilical seam after laparoscopy
- Diet based on choosing easily digestible foods that spares the abdominal cavity of excess stretching and stress. Carbonated drinks should be excluded in order not to provoke in the intestine is enhanced metabolism.
- Limit physical activity and heavy lifting (no more than 2 kg) for 1.5 — 2 months.
- Sexual rest for two weeks after surgery, even if it was not related to gynecology.
- Avoid taking water procedures within 10 days after laparoscopy. The pool should be avoided for a month.
- No overheating of the body. Bath, sauna, Solarium and even the sun’s rays is strictly prohibited.
In any case, do not panic and worry if the navel becomes wet for a long time. At the slightest suspicion of violation of the healing process of sutures or unhealthy condition of the body is better to consult a doctor than to let it develop unpleasant consequences.