Odontogenic maxillary sinusitis: treatment
How to treat odontogenic sinusitis?
Odontogenic maxillary sinusitis is an inflammatory disease of infectious nature origin. This disease is formed when the pathological changes in tooth roots, bone, or gums, located in the upper part of the mouth.
The inflammatory process in the sinuses due to anatomical structure of man, as the root of the tooth is located near the nasopharynx and can cause the development of acute infectious pathology with the occurrence of additional complications.
Causes and symptoms of the disease
In order to properly treat the disease, it is important to know the cause and characteristic symptoms in the development of odontogenic sinusitis. The following are the possible factors of disease:
- the interference of the nasal sinuses if tooth filling. Improper dental treatment is part of used material can get into the sinus and cause sinusitis fungal type;
- the ingress of a foreign body in the maxillary sinus often occurs during operations of a dental nature. Inflammation in the nose can cause microscopic fragments of tools of bone, lumps of cotton;
- dental disease (periodontitis, tooth cyst, granuloma, periodontitis);
- for acute pathologies of bone tissue (osteomyelitis, periostitis).
Important! In the absence of proper timely treatment, the ability of the nasal sinuses to cleanse gradually disappears and formation of heavy suppuration of the serous type. This disease leads to serious complications such as inflammation of the submandibular sinuses!
The symptoms of odontogenic sinusitis depends on the stage of the disease and is expressed in the following signs:
- a sharp increase in temperature to large level;
- constant headache, deterioration of the General condition;
- mucus from inflamed nasal membrane;
- disorder of the function of smell;
- a feeling of stuffiness of the nose;
- pain symptoms in the nose, throat, mouth, head;
- the appearance of puffiness on the cheeks;
- the emergence of submandibular lymphadenitis;
- education dental pathology (abscess, a cyst of the tooth or a festering fistula).
If you experience the above symptoms should immediately contact a qualified technician. Self-treatment can lead to serious consequences!
Stage and diagnosis pathology
The stage of the disease determine the degree of occurrence of disease and duration of treatment of the acute phase of odontogenic sinusitis. There are the following types.
Acute odontogenic sinusitis
This disease is characterized by the presence of obvious signs of inflammation fever, pain in the nose, mouth, head, and a purulent mucus from the maxillary sinuses at the site of inflammation. Pathology requires urgent treatment as delay may threaten the development of chronic sinusitis.
Odontogenic sinusitis chronic
Occurs as a result of lack of or improper treatment of the acute phase of the disease. Signs of this stage are mild, and people periodically feel pain symptoms. Complication of pathology is the formation of polyps in the nasal membrane and significant deterioration in the normal functioning of the maxillary sinuses. In this case, it is recommended that careful diagnosis and possible surgical intervention.
Sinusitis of the upper jaw of a purulent character
Formed in acute course of the disease and the long period shows no obvious signs of inflammation. The main treatment for this stage is the cleansing of the sinuses of pus by surgical intervention and a puncture.
When establishing the stage of sinusitis, the important correct and timely diagnosis of disease using such methods as:
- a thorough inspection of the dentist, an otolaryngologist will help on external signs to determine the anticipated course of the disease;
- CBC will show the deviations from the norms in the development of the inflammatory process;
- x-ray study will identify the presence of pus in the sinuses or other possible education.
Important! Establishing an accurate diagnosis and proper treatment are key to a quick recovery and prevent severe consequences of the disease!
An important aspect of treatment of odontogenic sinusitis is the use of medication, physiotherapy procedures under supervision of attending physician. The disease cannot be cured with the help of folk remedies and other non-traditional methods of therapy.
The right treatment and overcome odontogenic sinusitis is only possible when the following principles of therapy.
The elimination of the causes of the disease
This should be a parallel dental treatment and Laura, sanitize possible pathological infection.
Then conduct direct therapy in the maxillary sinuses.
This technique will prevent the development of complications and the recurrence of the disease.
Cleansing and disinfection of the damaged nasal sinus
In purulent disease, it is important to conduct therapy aimed at complete liberation of the membranes of the nose and oral cavity from the accumulated pus.
In this case, the lavage is performed using a special antiseptic solutions. The number of treatments administered in accordance with the course of the disease.
The medical therapy
The method is effective in postoperative period and in severe course of the disease. During the course of treatment, apply a number of specific drugs varied spectrum.
- The use of antibiotics of varying degrees of exposure (Amoxicillin, Amoxiclav, Tetracycline, Lincomycin). When sinusitis chronic forms of drugs are prescribed in accordance with the results of bacterial seeding that determines the sensitivity towards pathogens pathogens pathology;
- Appointment antiseptics disinfection contributes to the localization of the disease and prevent further development of bacteria in the inflammation. Such drugs include Chlorhexidine, Miramistin in the form of a solution for washing.
- Drugs, contributes to liquefaction of mucus in the maxillary sinuses is also very useful in the treatment of diseases. One of the main drugs of this group are Sinuforte and Rinofluimutsil. The medications quickly eliminate pathogenic bacteria and remove them from places of inflammation.
- Medicine vasoconstrictor action helps the elimination of mucus formed in the sinuses and facilitate the breathing process. Effective representatives of a number of drugs are Nazivin, Akvamaris, Otrivin, Pinosol.
- Antihistamines medicines used in the occurrence of adverse allergic reactions as hives, itching or swelling. This reaction is the result of a combination of certain drugs or individual intolerance of active components contained in the drugs. In such cases, use Fenistil, side effects of the drug, Eden, Fenkarol.
- Painkillers analgesics are used in acute period of disease and pain manifestations. The most popular drugs: Paracetamol, Ibuprofen, Nurofen, Cetanol. When detoxification is carried out the General scheme of purification using the methods of symptomatic treatment.
The acute phase of the disease involves lavage of the maxillary sinus using the method Proetta and application of magnetic-laser therapy.
These measures are aimed at getting a speedy effect recovery.
Additional components for the treatment of: antibiotic, antiseptic solutions for washing.
Is carried out only if clear indication for the operation. Basically spend hamartoma and puncture to release the nasal sinuses from accumulated pus. With drainage applied irrigation, and after the course of treatment prescribed rehabilitation process.
With poor drainage ENT shall appoint an additional puncture for the introduction of antibiotics or antiseptics in the upper part of the sinus. The indication for surgery is the presence of a foreign body in the region of the sinuses or a tumor in a polyp that can potentially threaten the normal functionality of the nose.
Important! Treatment plan and list of necessary medications in odontogenic sinusitis appoints only the attending physician after examining the complete clinical picture!
Possible predictions and prevention of illness
Prognosis with proper timely treatment in most cases positive. But for pathology it is necessary to know the possible complications of odontogenic sinusitis:
- the transition of the infection to other sinuses and the development of diseases such as sinusitis, sphenoidal, osteomyelitis, etmoidit. It is important to correctly prescribed treatment regimen and compliance with all regulations doctor;
- the growth of the infection in the blood vessels of the brain that is characterized by the development of very severe consequences (septic infection, sinus thrombosis brain) that pose a threat to human life. It requires urgent effective treatment!
The implementation of preventive measures aimed at reducing the risk of occurrence of odontogenic sinusitis, is to perform the simple rules of everyday life:
- twice-a-day visit to the dental office for 1 year;
- personal hygiene in the oral cavity;
- strengthening the immune defense of the body.
Important! The origin of the disorder implies an immediate treatment of the source of infection and compliance with assigned additional therapeutic, preventative measures, complications of this disease are a threat to human life!
For odontogenic sinusitis causes severe changes in the body and can cause serious complications. Important factors in this case are the establishment of an accurate diagnosis and timely proper treatment of the pathology.
The process of recovery depends on the degree of preparedness and the human desire to quickly cure this disease!