Odontogenic sinusitis: symptoms and treatment, pictures and folk remedies
How to recognize and treat odontogenic sinusitis?
Odontogenic sinusitis is a number of serious diseases characterized by inflammation of the sinuses due to the development of dental infection. The cause of this disease is the close proximity of the anatomical structure of the upper jaw with the maxillary sinuses.
A detailed study of the issue will help to get acquainted with odontogenic maxillary sinusitis, its symptoms and treatment.
Causes and symptoms of the disease
Let us examine whether the sinusitis can be because of tooth. One of the main causes of odontogenic sinusitis (sinusitis) — inflammation of the maxillary sinuses on the background of the development of dental pathologies of various types. The main factors for the disease:
- the running over of dental caries or improper treatment of the disease. Tooth decay contributes to the formation of purulent fistulas is able to penetrate into the sinuses;
- the acute form of osteomyelitis in the maxillary portion of the oral cavity;
- perforation of the upper jaw and the subsequent ingress of infection in the maxillary sinus, which contributes to the development of the disease;
- cyst of the tooth in the fevered state of suppuration;
- periodontitis is far tooth roots;
- the ingress of a foreign body in nasal sinus (part of the filling material, tooth fragments or other remains of the dental procedures).
Important! Upon the occurrence of odontogenic sinusitis should undergo all the necessary research and cure the initial cause of the development of pathology.
Manifestations of the disease are typical signs and symptoms expressed by the following:
- unilateral nasal obstruction at the site of inflammation of the disease;
- constant secretion of mucus from the nasal membranes clear or dark green for purulent pathology;
- pain in nose, head, temples, mouth. The nature of such manifestations is the initial, acute phase, depending on the degree of development of sinusitis;
- a sharp increase in temperature, the occurrence of chills;
- deterioration of the General condition;
- dysfunction of sense of smell;
- the change of the vocal cords (hoarseness, lack of voice);
The chronic form of odontogenic sinusitis a typical manifestation of the relevant traits in the period of inflammation pathology, which may subside after the therapy. Stage of the disease develops after incorrect treatment of acute course of the inflammatory process or lack the cause of illness.
Dental sinusitis occurs in children as dental roots are small and cannot affect the development of this disease!
For diagnosis of odontogenic sinusitis should be examined by otolaryngologist and dentist. The acute course of the disease largely appears as a development of breathing problems, so most patients turn to ENT doctor. The examination is carried out manipulations such as:
- radiography allows us to see the clinical picture of disease in the nasal sinuses and the upper jaw of the mouth;
- the use of computed tomography is prescribed for complications or undefined illness;
- clinical analysis of blood determines the deviation of parameters from normal values during the inflammatory process in the body;
- the implementation of the puncture special procedure in which the affected sinuses secrete mucus for the analytical study and identify the type of pathogen infection.
One of the main methods of diagnosis in sinusitis is endoscopy. The essence of the procedure is to use the special equipment equipped with photo and video equipment for viewing the inner side of the maxillary sinuses and to confirm disease. Convenience method based on the speed and accuracy of the process.
Therapeutic measures used in odontogenic maxillary sinusitis have comprehensive and effective direction in the totality of their application. The main objective in the treatment of diseases is the identification of dental infections and quick remediation of the oral cavity. When an issue of whether it is possible to remove the tooth at maxillary sinusitis, doctors recommend the immediate procedure, and the use of follow-up rehabilitation!
The elimination of the causes of the disease
Mainly in the treatment of the disease should be the treatment of inflammation or developing infection in the oral cavity. Correctly prescribed course of rehabilitation and adherence to all recommendations of a specialist will lead to a rapid relief from unpleasant symptoms of this disease. Sinus infection after tooth extraction treated with traditional therapy methods.
The implementation of the puncture
This procedure is performed in severe disease with pus. Puncture do in the inflamed maxillary sinus, then remove the accumulated pus and possible particle content of the oral cavity. Next, we carry out process rinsing when you use antiseptic solutions (Chlorhexidine, Miramistin).
The medical therapy
Appointed in any development and disease depends on the severity of disease. Use a number of drugs of various etiologies beneficial effects on the process of restoring the normal capacity of the nose.
- The use of antibiotics ampicilina, tetracycline. Drugs in this category affect a possible infectious agents. The most effective drugs: Ampicillin, Tetracycline, Augmentin, Amoxiclav, Lincomycin. To determine the effect of the drug on infection by special bacteriological culture.
- The use of antihistamines to prevent allergic reactions and relieve excessive swelling in the place of localization of the disease. As effective drugs prescribed Fenistil, Suprastin, Diazolin, Fenkarol, Zodak.
- Nonsteroidal analgesics are used when severe pain and in the postoperative period. Drugs of this type quickly relieve pain and significantly improve the General condition. Drugs are used as adjunctive therapy and have a pronounced anti-inflammatory action. Such medicines include: Ibuprofen, Ketonal, Nurofen, Paracetomol.
- Drugs vasoconstrictor character appointed to facilitate the process of respiration and excretion of mucus from the sinuses (Nazivin, Otrivin, Bioparoks). This will also further apply special medication to thin the formed pus in the nose (Sinuforte, Rinofluimutsil).
Treatments of this nature is carried out at a more peaceful course of the disease in accordance with the assignments of the attending physician. Of particular effectiveness are of rinsing sinuses method «cuckoo» and magnetic-laser irradiation. The total duration of treatment is appointed individually. The minimum recommended number of procedures is 8-10 times for two weeks.
Important! The combination of odontogenic sinusitis and the treatment of folk remedies is impossible, so the therapy at home may lead to irreparable consequences and the long process of rehab.
The constant relapses of chronic maxillary sinusitis of dental gradually lead to surgery and can cause growths in the sinuses. It is therefore extremely important to know how to treat the disease and how doctors in case of typical signs of the disease!
Effects and prevention of the disease
The absence of proper treatment of odontogenic sinusitis can lead to serious complications, which are a threat to human life! The main negative manifestations of pathology:
- the formation of abscess on the gums. The inflammation develops quickly and is accompanied by severe pain with the General intoxication of the organism;
- getting an infection in the blood vessels of the brain, which causes Meningitis and other serious pathologies;
- General blood poisoning, which required a complete transfusion. This procedure is one of the most challenging in medical practice.
- the occurrence of purulent processes in soft tissues (oral cavity, brain);
- the appearance of cellulitis associated with the development of their characteristics;
- the development of tumors in the nasal cavity (malignant, benign tumors, polyps).
In order to avoid the development of such severe diseases should be preventive measures:
- timely treatment of oral cavity in dental conditions from qualified professionals;
- compliance with personal oral hygiene and preventive examination by a physician every six months;
- correct therapy of viral respiratory infection, and influenza;
- maximum prevention of severe complications of the respiratory system;
- enhancement of the immune defense of the body;
- order to avoid the development of chronic diseases.
Important! The implementation of simple rules for maintaining overall health will help to prevent the onset of disease and the possibility of severe consequences!
Odontogenic sinusitis refers to diseases with severe consequences, so treatment of this disease should be undertaken only under the supervision of a physician. The appearance of similar symptoms suggests an immediate treatment to a qualified specialist.
Human well-being depends entirely on his desire to be healthy!