Of mefenamic acid in the baby’s nose: instructions for use
Is it possible to drip mefenamic acid in the nose?
The drug is an antibacterial medication of wide spectrum of action, which is used for the treatment of ENT diseases of different origin. So many people are interested in the question whether it is possible to drip mefenamic acid in the nose how to do it?
A detailed description and application of the medication will help to solve this problem!
Action Atopy is the main substance of the rifamycin, the vast development of pathogenic microorganisms that can have a positive effect on the General condition of the body and quickly eliminates inflammation.
The drug is based on a combination of the following components:
- ascorbic acid;
- disulfide potassium;
- alkaline lithium;
- purified water;
- the sulfites.
Form release medications: a clear solution of red in a bottle with a capacity of 10 ml with a pipette. The drug is available without prescription and is kept at a temperature of 25 degree, protected from sun.
Shelf life after opening is not more than 6 months, and when fully sealed packaging is 3 years. After a time the drug is strictly prohibited!
Important! The main components of the medications have a negative effect on many strains of pathogenic microorganisms, so ear drops are ideal for the treatment of diseases of infectious origin in otolaryngology!
The purpose, contraindications and side effects
The drug is used in such indications as:
- injury of the eardrum with purulent current;
- acute external and middle otitis;
- rhinitis infectious type;
- the postoperative rehabilitation period.
Otofa also has a number of contraindications:
- hypersensitivity towards the active substance composition;
During application of medication side effects occur very rarely and in this case you experience the following symptoms:
- allergic reactions (skin itching, urticaria);
- swelling and redness at the application site;
- the combination of rifamycin and sulfur can adversely affect the human condition.
Important! If you experience negative symptoms after using the drug should stop using the medication and contact your doctor. Specialist will choose safe and effective therapy!
The use of ear drops depends on the type of disease and severity of disease. The drug efficiently used for washing the ears and nose with the development of infection. Thus it is necessary to follow all the rules of the procedure and prevent possible negative consequences after instillation of medication.
Instructions for use of nose drops Otofa for adults involves the instillation solution in an amount of 5 drops in each nostril or to conduct rinsing for 2-4 minutes.
Immediately before using, the medicine bottle should be well rubbed until it is warm at room temperature, as in this case increases the effectiveness of the drug.
The use of ear drops Otofa for children is to instill medications into the nostrils 3 drops three times throughout the day.
When washing the procedure lasts a few minutes. The treatment lasts a week. In individual cases, the timing of therapy can be changed by the attending physician!
According to the user drops otofa not used in the period of carrying a child and breastfeeding, as the effects of the main substances on fetal development is unknown! But in some cases, doctors prescribe medications because the local effect of the drug has a small absorption and a substance is not absorbed into the General circulation in the body.
When using the drug it is important to consider additional guidance on the application of the drops:
- treatment solution has the ability to paint mucous membranes of the nasal cavity and the eardrum in a characteristic pink color. This phenomenon is well visualized under medical examination;
- some strains of pathogenic bacteria have no sensitivity towards rifamycin, so before using any medication you need to make a special bacterial seeding in order to identify possible resistant microorganisms;
- the composition of the drops will keep the presence of sulfites, and if you have allergies to these substances should be excluded from the use of the drug;
- simultaneous use drops Otofa and other drugs local impact is not recommended, as it can lead to increased side effects and allergic reactions;
- the combination of the drug with other medications the various effects are not confirmed in practice, therefore, data on the development of any adverse signs after concurrent use of medication has not been studied;
- the drug is not banned while driving a car or other devices, require concentration. The active substance of the medicine does not affect the Central nervous system;
- overdose drops Otofa unlikely, since local use of the drug does not cause strong absorption of the medication. When injected the substance into, and the occurrence of signs of intoxication necessary to carry out a cleansing of the gastrointestinal tract, and make the adsorbents (Activated carbon, Sorbex).
Important! To Otofa ear drops to drip into the nose do not need to perform any special manipulations. This drug is effective in treating rhinitis of infectious origin and effectiveness is not inferior to essential medicines intended specifically for the treatment of nose!
Otofa represents the number of effective drugs widely used for the treatment of inflammatory diseases of nasopharynx and hearing. Advantage of medicine is the absence of serious contraindications and side effects.
To obtain the desired effect must observe the rules of using drops and all prescription doctor!