Ointment for nose from a cold and congestion for the treatment and prevention of
What ointment can be used for a runny nose?
Ointment for the common cold are on a par with nasal aerosols and drops. However, they have one significant advantage – ointment for significantly longer reside in the nasal mucosa after use. This allows to prolong the effect of their use.
Although this group of funds can not be attributed to drugs classical drug therapy, in some cases they are even more effective.
Rhinitis: classification and causes of
Rhinitis is one of the main signs of flu and many viral infections. In fact runny nose is a protective reaction of the human body. If in the nasal cavity get the bacteria, allergens or microbes, the mucous membrane of this organ begin to produce mucus. There is swelling, there is frequent sneezing.
Help! The effects described above enable the body to withdraw the pathological alien organisms at the initial stage of their penetration and propagation.
Depending on the reasons for the development of the common cold, there are several types:
- Vasomotor. Occurs when swelling belonging to the nasal turbinates, which is nasal cavity. Can be allergic or neuro.
- Infectious. Occurs due to the presence of viruses and microorganisms in the nasal cavity.
- Chronic. Can manifest as as a result of hereditary factors and prolonged exposure to dusty and polluted environment.
- Medication. Is a consequence of the intake of certain medications.
- Traumatic. Occurs because of injury to the nose.
Today there are a large number of drugs for the treatment of rhinitis. Ointment for nose from a cold are very effective tools that are actively fighting this phenomenon. The market offers several types of media. As in the case of nasal aerosols/droplets, the choice of particular drug depends on the type of rhinitis and the reasons for its development.
Classification of ointments
Today in pharmacies can find a large variety of creams. They vary in composition and purpose. There are four basic types of ointments:
Before using the ointment from nasal congestion, you must find out its cause.
Some ointments will be effective in the development of allergic rhinitis. Others are active against bacteria.
Choosing the wrong tool can lead to its inefficient use.
So before you smear the nose, it is recommended to first consult a doctor. Then pick up the tool, depending on the diagnosis.
To the antiviral creams, as their name implies, carry tools with action against viruses. Their effectiveness is high only in the first few days of a cold. In the future, it is recommended to use other drugs. In addition, antiviral ointments can be used as a preventive treatment.
Among the ointments of the spectrum should provide the following medications:
Once pathogens get into the human body, it begins to produce interferon against viruses.
The main active ingredient of this drug is similar protein.
After applying the ointment, the cells of the nasal cavity become insensitive to the action of pathogenic microorganisms.
The ointment is applied three times a day, inside the nasal passages. The course of therapy from five to fourteen days. The drug is completely safe — ointment for runny nose suitable for children from one month. It is recommended to use as prophylactic in the autumn and spring periods.
One of the best ointments against respiratory disease, which can actively be used as a preventive measure. However, in case of low immunity, its effectiveness drops significantly. Also not recommended for pregnant women and people with allergies to the individual components of the tool.
The mucosa which are deposited on the ointment will be less vulnerable to the action of viruses. You must use twice a day. The feeling of itching and burning after the first application is a normal reaction of the body.
Attention! It is recommended to use this ointment as a preventive means, since after the development of a cold, their effectiveness decreases.
The above-described means are effective against certain types of runny nose and nasal congestion. You should avoid applying these creams if you receive a vasoconstrictor drugs.
Purpose antiseptic ointment – the treatment of rhinitis provoked by activity of pathogenic microorganisms. Therefore, to use such funds only if the cause of the common cold are bacteria. Otherwise the ointment in this group will be ineffective.
These tools include:
- «Tetracycline ointment». A very powerful tool that contains antibacterial substances. Used only if the cultures revealed the sensitivity of bacteria to the active substance, which is tetracycline. In the case of prolonged use can adversely affect liver function. You can use no more than three times during the day (in daily use – no more than one week). The remedy is contraindicated in pregnant and women in lactation. The ointment should not be used for the treatment of children up to six years.
- «Vishnevsky Ointment». In the composition of ointment contains castor oil and birch tar, so it has a sharp, characteristic odor. For this reason, it is to be used exclusively externally. By improving the blood flow in the capillaries is observed after application of the disinfectant effect. It is recommended to use only in case of inpatient treatment, under the constant supervision of a physician.
- «Baraminology ointment». Contains: boric acid, menthol, petrolatum. Eliminates the processes of an inflammatory nature. Can also be used for pain relief. To use the tool for the treatment of children under five years of age is contraindicated. Can be applied several times during the day, but be sure to clean the nasal passages. You must also keep in mind that some components can cause allergic reactions in certain populations.
This group of tools should include «Sintomitsinovoy the ointment», but it is not the ointment from the nozzle. It contains antibiotics and can adversely affect the body. Besides, it increases the resistance of pathogenic microorganisms to tetracycline.
Homeopathic creams from a cold are qualitatively different from other drugs due to its composition. They contain only natural components, thus, have immunostimulatory effects on the human body. However, in most cases used in combination with other drugs.
Among the homeopathic remedies include the following drugs:
- Tuya. Good homeopathic ointment for cold. Contains extracts of thuja, chamomile, flax oil, eucalyptus. Effectively fights with prolonged rhinitis, adenoiditis. You need to apply the gel on the mucosa several times a day. The course of therapy is one month.
- «Asterisk». Effective, well-proven themselves in the past, which continues to be popular in modern times. Apply on the bridge of his nose and the back of the nose five times during the day. Due to the massage movements during application, the circulation in the body. Ointment menthol, so a positive effect on the process of getting rid of a cold.
- «Dr. Mom». The composition contains eucalyptus, nutmeg, menthol, turpentine. Has a disinfectant effect, relieves inflammation. Relieves nasal congestion, but applies only externally. To use the tool for application to mucous membranes is strictly prohibited.
The advantage of homeopathic medicines is their natural composition. However, unlike synthetic drugs, they are less effective. And although such drugs to cope with the cold, they are best used as a measure of prevention.
Combined tools composed of different substances, making their use achieves a complex effect. The drugs belonging to this group, not only relieve runny nose and nasal congestion, but also affect the cause of the manifestations of these symptoms. That is, they have therapeutic effects.
Among these ointments are:
- «Pinosol.» Relieves inflammation of mucous membrane. It is a very powerful disinfecting agent. Good fights against colds, however, not recommended for use for children under two years of age. Applies to four times per day for two weeks. You should not use in allergic rhinitis.
- «Mamina». The effect of the application of the ointment is achieved by narrowing the blood vessels. Due to this, decreases the severity of colds. The cream also copes well with the elimination of pathogenic microorganisms, has analgesic effect. Apply no more than three times in one day (course of treatment is restricted to ten days).
- «Levomekol». Advantage funds – the absence of any side effects. It is completely safe. However, you may provoke an allergic reaction in persons with allergies to the individual components. Pregnant women can apply, but only after doctor’s permission. Getting used to the ointment is not observed. To onset of effect is necessary to keep tampons smeared with the ointment in the nostril for four hours.
A combination of drugs has gained great popularity among the population. Their complex action allows to achieve good results as against the cold, and in the treatment of colds.
Important! Any of the above funds should be used only after consultation with your doctor.
Thus, in the modern market presents a large number of ointments against the common cold, nasal congestion. To use a specific cream from the cold only after establishing the cause of the problem.
In some cases this should be done under medical supervision. Combined homeopathic and ointments, for the most part, completely safe for the body, so can be used by the General public.