Acular LS eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Acular LS is a representative nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory agents in ophthalmology. It has the following therapeutic effects:
- a reduction in local temperature.
All of these effects are realized through inhibition of prostaglandin synthesis, as Acular drugs inhibit cyclooxygenase responsible for synthesis of prostaglandins different classes. However, this may be associated side effects that can develop in some patients.
The composition and form of issue
As the main active ingredient acts as Ketorolac, which is adapted for local use. Auxiliary components contained in the product, helping to keep him for a long time its therapeutic properties. They can also lead to the development of reactions of intolerance that must be considered when assigning Acular PM.
This ophthalmic drug is available in the form of eye drops. The concentration of active substance in the solution is 0.4%. Drop Packed in plastic bottles each containing 5ml.
Method of application
A method of using ophthalmic tools, Acular BOS is as follows:
- buried one drop;
- throughout the day the frequency of instillation is 2-4 times that must be coordinated with the attending physician based on the severity of the clinical manifestations;
- the duration of treatment should be determined by the attending ophthalmologist.
Contraindications should be considered before treatment as they can lead to the development of side effects that can negatively affect a condition of the eyeball. The main situations where the use of Acular LS is invalid, are the following:
- hypersensitivity to any component of the drug;
- pregnancy term of 32 weeks, as asteroidy lead to early closure of the ductus arteriosus, which is accompanied by poor circulation in the fetus;
- the children, as there are no serious clinical studies that demonstrate safety of the drug in this category;
- allergic reactions to nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs;
- acute and chronic erosive disease of the gastrointestinal tract.
In some cases treatment may be accompanied by the development of adverse reactions, which include:
- redness of the conjunctival membrane;
- swelling of the eye;
- turbidity of view;
- pain with instillation.
Special instructions should be taken into account in the process of applying Acular PM. They include the following rules:
- the duration of treatment should not be too large, as the possible development of atrophic processes;
- contact lenses before the instillation should be removed;
- store, the drug should under certain conditions (duration of storage for the open bottle for 4 weeks, and for the closed – 18 months).
About eye drops, drugs Acular buyers respond positively. The tool is fine reduce inflammation. One user writes: «After putting a little burn, but this side effect quickly passed. Drops happy with the result I saw». A slight burning sensation says about the shortcomings of this drug.
Main drugs-analogs that can be substituted, Acular PM are:
- Diklo F;
- Intecolor and others.
In this part of the drugs belongs to the group of non-hormonal means, and the other hormonal preparations. However, some, and others have anti-inflammatory properties. Therefore, in order to produce an adequate clinical situation replacement, be sure to consult with an ophthalmologist. This will help to avoid unpleasant surprises.
Price eye care drug Acular HP ranges from 120 to 250 rubles, while there are some differences depending on the pharmacy network, where it is purchased.