Alphagan eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Alphagan is protivoglaucomny the drug, which is representative of alphatransparency funds. It is highly selective, which determines its high efficiency and minimal number of developing side effects. Thanks to the use of this drug appeared to effectively reduce high blood pressure of intraocular fluid, and what is the damage to structures of the eye glaucomatous condition.
The composition and form of issue
The main active ingredient of Alphagan is bromonidine tartrate. This component determines the therapeutic efficacy of ophthalmic drug. In addition, there are auxiliary substances, which are responsible for long-term storage of the drug and can also lead to some side effects.
The drug is available in plastic bottles fitted with a dropper. So it is convenient to carry constantly at itself to advantage where it is needed. Dosage form of the drug are eye drops. In one bottle they may contain 5 ml, 10 ml or 15 ml.
Method of application
Ophthalmic drug Alphagan is applied as follows:
- the treatment is carried out only locally by instillation into the conjunctival SAC;
- the dose is one drop;
- buried for three days;
- with simultaneous use with other ophthalmic drugs that reduce intraocular pressure, they are buried in 5-minute intervals.
The main contraindications that restrict the use of this eye care tools are as follows:
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, which can develop in some patients, and only rarely;
- joint appointment with inhibitors of monoamine oxidase, which are often prescribed in neurologic and psychiatric practice;
- pregnant women;
- nursing mothers;
- children up to age 2 years;
- body weight of patient less than 20 kg.
During treatment with this drug can develop both systemic and local side effects. These include the following:
- swelling and redness of the conjunctiva;
- minor blurred vision;
- increased sensitivity to light;
- formation of tears in large quantity;
- pain in the head;
- hypertension or hypotension;
- respiratory failure;
- rashes on the skin;
- increasing the level of cholesterol in the blood;
- a violation of taste perception and some others.
Special instructions that must be observed and executed in the process of treatment Alphagan are as follows:
Drops Alphagan well established among those people who had or have a problem with high eye pressure and glaucoma. Drops for few minutes lower the pressure of the intraocular fluid, which positively affects condition of the eye. Their use eyes see more sharply.
On many sites beauticians can recommend them with ptosis (neurological nature prolapse century), but this is incorrect. In this situation, the drug will not help. Eye drops Alphagan have many side effects, and this suggests that not all people are suitable. This drug may appoint a doctor. Do not self-medicate!
Some analogues are used to replace Alphagan. This may be required in the following situations:
- the lack of this drug in the retail pharmacy network;
- intolerance prescribed medication;
- the desire of the patient to use a different drug with anti-allergic activity;
- the presence of contraindications to the appointment of Alphagan;
- the development of side effects during treatment.
All these drugs usually have different chemical composition, but almost the same mechanism of action. This determines the possibility of their use for the treatment of open angle glaucoma. The main drugs that are substitutes are:
- Drops fotil;
Price eye care drug Alphagan ranges from 400 to 500 rubles.