Artificial tears eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Artificial tears is a synthetic agent to moisten the eyeball. Inherent properties of corneal protection from various damaging factors. The chemical composition of the tool approaches to natural tears produced in the eye.
The composition and form of issue
The main active ingredient is hypromellose. In addition, in the composition of the drug there are excipients such as:
- boric acid;
- chloride, potassium and sodium;
- sodium tetraborate;
- disodium edetate;
- special purified water.
Release form of the medication Artificial tears – vials of 10 ml. the Bottle is plastic, eliminating the possibility of injury.
Method of application
Method of using the drug Artificial tears looks like:
- before procedure wash hands;
- remove the protective cap;
- drip two drops in each conjunctival SAC;
- several times after that blink to the drug evenly distributed over the conjunctiva;
- bury should, to the extent necessary. This is usually 4-5 times per day, but you can every 2 hours.
There are certain contraindications, when to use this drug undesirable. These include:
- individual intolerance to any component of the composition of Artificial tears;
- infectious-inflammatory process in the eyeball;
- acute phase of burns of the conjunctiva and cornea of chemical origin, as it can accelerate the absorption of toxic products and necrotic tissue.
Important! There are no convincing data on the safety or harm of a drug during pregnancy or lactation. Therefore, without a special need at this time is not necessary to use Artificial tears.
Side effects are extremely rare. In addition, they do not pose a serious danger both for organ and for human health in General. The main undesirable effects of the drug Artificial tears are:
Special instructions when using Artificial tears are the following:
- avoid contact of bottle tip with the conjunctiva, and foreign objects to reduce the likelihood of infection;
- the appearance of blurred vision after instillation, which takes place in a few minutes yourself;
- storage temperature – not more than 25 degrees;
- store in a place that is inaccessible to children.
Nina, 32 years
«I have many years wear lenses. Before any discomfort in the eyes was not. But recently I noticed that prolonged wearing lenses came dryness and redness in the eyes. Went on reception to the doctor, he prescribed me drops Artificial tears. The result pleases me very much. Only one bad thing is that not all pharmacies they are sold. Offer counterparts, and they to me are not good».
Andrew, 28 years
«These drops I ophthalmologist recommended to use in cases if I’m spending a lot of time at the computer. But since I have connected to this work, the drops are often. I can say that they have good quality and affordable price».
Alla, 35 years
«I have in the last time there was feeling of sand in eyes, especially in the evening. Self never do, so I turned to a familiar physician. He advised eye drops Artificial tears or Natural tears. The pharmacy was the first option, so I bought them. They helped me, there’s no more provocation.»
Analogues of this drug also apply to artificial tear fluid substitutes that are intended to moisturize the eyeball. Usually they have to be used when there is intolerance to Artificial tears, or when she is in the pharmacy network.
The main drugs with the same composition and mechanism of action are:
The price of the medication Artificial tears is quite low, from 100 to 150 rubles. Price variations depend upon the pharmacy network, where production of the drug.