Betoptic eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Betoptic is a drug from the group blockers, which exert their therapeutic effect on beta-adrenergic receptors. The main indication for use of the drug is glaucoma treatment.
The maximum therapeutic efficacy of this drug demonstrates in open-angle form of the disease, that is, when no violation of the outflow of intraocular fluid. Betoptic reduces the speed and quantity of education that contributes to the reduction of intraocular pressure. This allows you to securely and effectively prevent the development of certain complications of glaucoma.
The composition and form of issue
Part medications Betoptic presented the main active ingredient, which acts as betaxolol, and excipients. Betaxolol effectively inhibits the formation of intraocular fluid. Auxiliary components play the role of stabilizer, preservative and solvent. They include the following components:
- benzalkonium chloride;
- purified water used for injection;
- sodium hydroxide;
- coupling chlorine and hydrogen to give the required level of acidity.
Release form of this drug is eye drops. They are Packed in special plastic bottles that have a volume of 5 ml.
Method of application
The method of applying the ophthalmic preparation as follows:
- the drug is only used topically;
- the dose is one or two instillation in each eye, during the day, you must use the drug twice due to half-life;
- in the process of instaliranja should avoid contact of the dropper bottle with a foreign object, eyelids and conjunctival sheath;
- the increase in the number of instillation is not accompanied by an increased therapeutic effect, and can only lead to the development of side effects and symptoms of overdose;
- the therapeutic efficacy of the drug develops gradually (about one month), so there is no need to measure the pressure of intraocular fluid, to evaluate the effectiveness of treatment;
- the duration of treatment is determined individually by the ophthalmologist. In order to reduce the likelihood of habituation to a particular protivoglaucomnami the drug, after a certain time they should be changed.
Contraindications to the use of this ophthalmic drug must be considered before treatment is started, as this may lead to the development of serious side effects. The main contraindications for Betoptic are such as:
- heart rhythm disorders;
- the tendency of the bronchial tree to spasm (obstructive Airways disease);
- diabetes mellitus (use caution);
- pregnant women;
- mothers who are nursing babies;
- children’s age;
- hypersensitivity to one of components of this drug.
Some patients may develop these or other side effects, which include the following:
- redness of the eyes;
- swelling it;
- increased growth of eyelashes;
- dry mucous membranes;
- increased sensitivity to light, etc.
Special instructions that should be included in the treatment data of the drug are as follows:
Alexander, 52 years
«Glaucoma has appointed this tool. Drip for 2 years. Eye health is not deteriorated, vision fell. Stand normally side effects. So I Betoptik continue to drip.»
Maria, 60 years old
«I was assigned Betoptic from elevated intraocular pressure, but I tolerate it poorly. After instillation of burning eyes, all sails, head hurts».
Some analogues are used in cases when the treatment Betoptic may not be initiated or continued. The main situations where they must apply, are as follows:
- the presence of contraindications to betoptic;
- the development of side effects;
- the replacement of betoptic in result of a long period of its use to avoid habituation to the tool;
- the lack of this drug in the pharmacy network;
- the desire of the patient to use another drug with protivoglaucomnoe activity.
The main drugs that can be used to replace ophthalmology products Betoptic, are as follows:
- Drops fotil;
Important! Any of these medicines should not be used without checking with your doctor, as necessary to take into account possible contra-indications to his appointment.
Price eye care drug Betoptic is in the range of 200-300 rubles depending on the pharmacy chain that sells this drug. However, the cost of this ophthalmic drug for the treatment of glaucoma is quite acceptable for most patients who suffer from this disease.