Chloramphenicol eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Drops are Chloramphenicol ophthalmic drug. The main active substance Chloramphenicol acts relating to the broad-spectrum antibiotics, which shows sensitivity against different bacteria. Therefore, these eye drops are used in the treatment of such eye diseases as:
- keratitis and other infectious lesions of the eyeball.
The composition and form of issue
The composition of the ophthalmic preparation is represented by the following chemical substances:
- chloramphenicol, which is the main active ingredient. It exerts its effect at the level of the ribosome, thus disrupting protein synthesis, leading to death of bacteria;
- saline solution (its concentration is 0.9%, which is close to the concentration of sodium chloride in biological fluids);
- stabilizers and preservatives that maintain the drug.
Release form — a plastic bottle with a dropper, which is convenient to carry. The volume of the bottle is 5 ml and 10 ml, so one can choose the one that best suited him.
Method of application
Method of application ophthalmology products, Chloramphenicol (eye drops) is in the following recommendations:
- a single dose should be one to two drops are instilled in each eye;
- during the day, the minimum number of drops is 6 times and a maximum of 12 times, depending on the severity of the underlying pathological process.
Special instructions to be followed in the process of drug treatment Chloramphenicol, as follows:
- hypersensitivity to Chloramphenicol;
- failure of the kidney and/or liver;
- the age of 18;
- the breastfeeding, as it can penetrate into breast milk;
- porphyria – a disorder of iron metabolism;
- diseases of the hemopoietic system.
Side effects when using ophthalmic tools are recorded quite rarely. However, when they occur, you must consult with an ophthalmologist for further question about the possibility of continuing this treatment.
The main side effects are:
- allergic reactions on the part of the organ of vision;
- reduced levels of platelets;
- reduced level of leukocytes.
Special instructions to be followed in the process of treatment Chloramphenicol eye drops, are as follows:
Reviews eye drops Chloramphenicol have both positive and negative. They can be applied to children. The price matches the quality. Here is what the young man: «At work, something got in my eye. Thought anything terrible, but there began the conjunctivitis. Immediately ran to the pharmacy, it was recommended drops Chloramphenicol. I can say one thing that infectious inflammation of the eye, the drug treats, when backfilling not burn».
But also buyers have noted and cons of this tool. The composition includes an antibiotic, which is not very nice. Some people have a local allergic reaction.
Analogues of this ophthalmic drug are:
- Normaks and others.
Typically, analogs are used when there is intolerance to Chloramphenicol. All of these drugs-substitutes have a similar mechanism of action and therapeutic efficacy, but different chemical composition (different active substance).
Price of Chloramphenicol eye drops ranges from 10 to 20 rubles depending on the pharmacy, which is engaged in its implementation. Therefore, the tool is available for each patient.