Cipromed eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Cipromed is an ophthalmic drug, which has antibacterial activity. Therefore, ophthalmologists it is prescribed in the case of infectious-inflammatory processes of the eye structures, which include the following diseases:
- chorioretinopathy, etc.
To Cipromed be sensitive to many microorganisms that are the causative agents of inflammatory processes in ophthalmology.
The composition and form of issue
The main active substance Cipromed is Ciprofloxacin. It belongs to antibiotics of several generation fluoroquinolone that is effective against many pathogenic microorganisms. In addition, also include excipients that act as preservatives and stabilizers.
The drug is available in the form of eye drops that are packaged in plastic vials of 5 ml dropper bottle with a convenient dispenser.
Method of application
Method of application Cipromed as follows:
- instill one or two drops in each eye;
- the frequency of instillation is from 4 to 8 times throughout the day, depending on the severity of infectious-inflammatory process and must be consistent with the ophthalmologist;
- the duration of treatment should be determined by a physician, however, you should avoid using it for 2 weeks or more, as it is fraught with the activation of conditionally pathogenic microflora.
With caution should appoint Cipromed in the following situations:
- gestational period;
- breast-feeding, as small amounts of ciprofloxacin may be determined in blood when it is local application;
- early childhood (up to 1 year).
Side effects when using Cipromed not often recorded. However, when they occur, immediately consult a doctor to decide whether further treatment. Side effects include:
- swelling of the eye;
- increased tears;
- fear of light, etc.
Very rarely can occur and the more serious consequences of the use of Cipromed, which include:
- secondary activation of bacterial and fungal infection;
- the decrease in visual acuity.
Special instructions to be followed in the treatment of Cipromed are as follows:
Irina, 29 years old
«I drops Cipromed helped to cure conjunctivitis. Chloramphenicol did not help. Dripping two drops three times a day. Three days later everything went.»
Olga, 31 years
«I’m with the drug met several years ago when the child came out of kindergarten, and he started scratching right eye redness. On the morning of the eyes soured and was pus. Immediately went to the hospital. The doctor diagnosed me with conjunctivitis and wrote out a prescription for drops Cipromed. Acted very quickly. Almost all symptoms gone the next day. Now, this drug is always in my medicine Cabinet.»
Drugs with antimicrobial activity can be used in all cases where it is necessary to replace Cipromed for various reasons. This may be due to the following factors:
- the absence of the drug in the pharmacy;
- hypersensitivity to this drug;
- the lack of therapeutic efficacy.
However, before the appointment of the analogs is necessary to consider the range of their antimicrobial activity, as not all organisms show the same sensitivity to certain drugs.
The main drugs with antimicrobial activity that can be used to replace Cipromed, are as follows:
- Sulfatsil sodium;
- Normaks and some others.
Price eye care drug Cobopt ranges from 100 to 200 rubles, which is quite acceptable for most patients in need of its application. The difference in price is associated with a pharmacy chain that sells this drug.