DEXA-Gentamicin eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
DEXA-Gentamicin is an ophthalmic drug that has a combined composition. This allows him to deal effectively with many infectious-dependent diseases of the eye, as it has not only antibiotic but also anti-inflammatory agent (corticosteroid). Before prescribing, the doctor takes into account the spectrum of antimicrobial activity, this means that the microorganisms were sensitive to it.
The composition and form of issue
The active components of DEXA-Gentamycin are the two basic substances:
- gentamicin, which has antibacterial activity;
- dexamethasone, which effectively suppresses the severity of inflammatory reactions that have a negative impact on the structures of the eye.
Its composition is presented and auxiliary substances, without which the drug cannot long survive. We are talking about the following:
- benzalkonium chloride;
- phosphates of potassium;
- sterile water acting as a solvent.
Method of application
How to use the drug DEXA-Gentamicin are as follows:
- once buried one or two drops in each eye;
- the interval between the instillation depends on the severity of clinical manifestations of microbial inflammatory process of the eye. So, in severe cases it amounts to 4 hours, and more light – 6 hours;
- treatment should not last longer 15 to 20 days, as otherwise developing these or other complications. So be sure to implement all the recommendations given by the ophthalmologist.
There are certain contraindications, which limit the possibility of the use of DEXA-Gentamicin. Their underestimation can lead to various negative consequences. So, the main contraindications for this drug are:
Application of DEXA-Gentamicin may develop side effects. About their appearance sure to inform your ophthalmologist to find out whether you continue to be treated with this medicine. The main side effects are:
- burning sensation and itching, which occurs after backfilling;
- increasing the pressure of intraocular fluid;
- allergic reactions;
- clouding of the lens.
There are special instructions that need to be taken into account in the treatment process. These include:
- removing contact lenses before the instillation of the drug again, they can wear after 30 minutes;
- can reduce the speed of attention and concentration, performing precise work and driving junk;
- within 6 weeks after opening the bottle it is necessary to use or dispose of the remainder.
Positive.Reviews of patients who used the drops DEXA-Gentamicin in the treatment of barley, were obtained good results. The drug is effective, fast, without observing any side effects. The price is affordable.
Negative. Of the minuses secrete the drug is an antibiotic. Therefore, the tool must be used cautiously.
Drugs that have a similar antibacterial mechanism of action include the following representatives:
- Maxitrol and others.
The price of ophthalmic drug DEXA-Gentamycin varies from 70 to 150 rubles.