Dexacort eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Decalibron is an ophthalmic drug, which has antibacterial and anti-inflammatory activity. The main susceptible microorganisms are the following:
- Escherichia coli;
- Haemophilus influenzae and others.
It is important to note that the drug is effective against insensitive to penicillins and cephalosporins strains. Dexamethasone can suppress the negative effects of the inflammatory response, which has a protective effect on the structures of the eye.
The composition and form of issue
The active components of the drug Dexacort are:
- tobramycin is an antibiotic of the aminoglycoside;
- dexamethasone – a corticosteroid with anti-inflammatory activity.
Also in the composition of the drug there are excipients that preserve the main active substances of therapeutic efficiency for a long time.
The release form is eye drops. One vial contains 5 ml. It is made of plastic, so it is convenient to carry and use anytime when needed.
Method of application
Method of application of a medicine Dexacort as follows:
- instill one drop in each eye;
- during the day frequency of 4-6 times (that is, every fourth and sixth hour). In the postoperative period after cataract instilled every 2 hours;
- after you have blinked a few times, that the drug is uniformly distributed throughout the conjunctival cavity;
- immediately before instillation shake.
Contraindications to the use of eye drops Dexacort are such as:
- individual hypersensitivity to one or more chemical substances contained in the preparation;
- viral lesions of the structures of the eyeball;
- fungal diseases of the eye;
- surgery to remove foreign bodies from the cornea;
- gestational period;
- children and adolescents under 18 years of age.
In General, ophthalmic product, Dexacort well tolerated, but sometimes you may experience certain side effects. In some cases, they are the reason for the refusal to continue further treatment this ophthalmic agent. The main side effects are:
- the feeling of itching and burning in the eyes;
- swelling of the conjunctiva;
- her redness;
- rarely can be periodic increase in blood pressure accompanied by headache.
Prolonged use of this drug can lead to more serious negative consequences, namely:
- increased pressure inside the eye;
- activation of fungal infection of the eye;
- development of secondary infectious complications of bacterial nature;
- a decrease in the activity of regenerative processes of damaged structures of the eye.
Special instructions to be followed in the process of treatment Dexacort, as follows:
Positive. Eye drops Dexacort have positive reviews. Buyers say that they are good for conjunctivitis and is reduce inflammation from the eyes. The drug is effective and safer than the analogs, you can buy at an affordable price. Some have used this remedy for blocked nose (the physician) is the result of satisfied.
Negative. But there is one disadvantage of eye drops Dexacort — they are hormonal and can be addictive.
Analogues of this ophthalmological drug are as follows:
- Normaks and others.
Typically, the analogues are applied in the case when there is intolerance of Desaturate.
All of these drugs-substitutes have a similar mechanism of action and therapeutic efficacy, but different chemical composition (different active substance). However, before their appointment, the doctor necessarily take into account the spectrum of antimicrobial efficacy, that is, the sensitivity of microorganisms to these drugs.
The cost of antimicrobial drops Dexacort ranges from 100 to 200 rubles depending on the pharmacy network, engaged in their implementation. The price of this ophthalmic preparation is available for most patients in whom it is assigned.