Diclofenac eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Diclofenac is a nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory used in ophthalmology. It effectively inhibits the synthesis of prostaglandins responsible for the development of the inflammatory response. As a result, the Diclofenac has the following therapeutic effects:analgesic;
It defines an extensive list of readings that required the use of Diclofenac. These include the following:
- inflammatory diseases of eyeball (in addition to viral, fungal and tubercular infections);
- traumatic injury of the eye;
- surgery on the eyes when it is necessary to prevent the development of inflammatory edema of the macular zone, as subsequently this may lead to significant decreased vision.
The composition and form of issue
The main active ingredient of this ophthalmic drug is Diclofenac related to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. To preserve the therapeutic properties of the drug added excipients, which include:
- sterile water acting as the solvent;
- propylene glycol;
- sodium hydroxide and other.
With them in some cases can be associated with the development of side effects. All this taken into account by a healthcare provider when one or the other drug.
Diclofenac used in ophthalmology, is available in the form of eye drops. They are Packed in a sterile plastic bottle that is easy to use in any situation, as it was originally fitted with a dropper. One vial contains 5 ml of drug solution of Diclofenac.
Method of application
Treatment according to the ophthalmic drug should be conducted according to certain rules. It is necessary to improve its therapeutic efficacy and reduce the likelihood of developing side effects. Basic rules of treatment with Diclofenac are:
- the drug was instilled into the inflamed eye and in the conjunctival SAC;
- single dose of one or two drops;
- during the day you have to bury three to four times that have to be agreed with the doctor, as it depends on the severity of the inflammatory phenomena;
- the duration of treatment must also be consistent with the ophthalmologist;
- usually it does not exceed one month depending on the clinical situation.
Contraindications to Diclofenac should be considered before treatment because they can negatively affect the condition of the eyeball. The main situations where it is necessary to abandon the use of this drug are such as:
The main side effects that may occur in the treatment process, are as follows:
- redness of the eyes;
- the decrease in visual acuity, which soon shall;
- increased sensitivity to light;
- increased lacrimation, etc.
Special instructions during treatment with Diclofenac is:
- use only after doctor’s appointments;
- storage of the drug under certain conditions (in an open month and year, respectively, closed);
- compliance with the single and daily doses and duration of treatment.
Eugene, 32 years
«I dripped the drops conjunctivitis on the recommendation of a doctor. Happy with the result, great shot inflammation with the eyes. The price of the drug Diclofenac funny. There are two times cheaper than the other anti-inflammatory eye-drops.»
Tatiana, 47 years
«I had surgery on the left eye the replacement lens and after the doctor prescribed Diclofenac to bury. The swelling was quick, but with instillation stinging. Their effectiveness, price and ease of use I’m happy.»
The basic analogs that can be substituted for Diclofenac, if necessary, are:
- Diklo F;
- Dexamethasone and other.
Some of these drugs is also non-hormonal, while others exhibit hormonal activity. But some, and others inhibit the development of inflammatory responses that is necessary to protect the organ from damage. Replacement of one drug to another should only be performed by a physician as necessary to take into account the possible contraindications which are available in almost any drug.
The price of the drug Diclofenac in the range from 20 to 50 rubles. Overall this is a available drug that exhibits anti-inflammatory activity.