Duprost eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Duprost is an ophthalmic drug that is used to reduce the pressure of the intraocular fluid rising in glaucoma. It improves the process of the outflow of this fluid from the eyes through corresponding angles. It is therefore particularly effective in open-angle form of the disease.
Its high therapeutic efficacy due to the mixed composition, which is represented by a prostaglandin receptor agonist and blocker adrenergic receptors. Currently it is not proved that the drug can reduce the secretion of fluid inside the eye.
The composition and form of issue
Duprost has two active components, which include:
It is these substances that determine the high effectiveness of this drug. However, they have not lost their therapeutic effects, the drug has auxiliary components. The latter perform the role of stabilizers, preservatives and solvents. These include the following chemicals:
- phosphate disodium;
- sodium chloride;
- benzalkonium chloride;
- sterile water intended for injection;
- the sodium hydroxide and some others.
Dosage form of the drug are eye drops. They are available in plastic bottles fitted with a dropper for easy dosing and use them. One vial contains 2.5 ml eye drops.
Method of application
Applying this ophthalmic tool is as follows:
- single dose is one drop which instilled in the affected eye or both eyes;
- during the day, only a single application of this drug, as it has a long validity period.
- if one was missed the instillation, then the next day the drug is used in normal mode, and do not increase the dose in half, as this can cause overdose symptoms;
- when used along with other ophthalmic preparation should observe the 5-minute interval between instillation in order not to reduce the therapeutic efficacy of drugs.
Before treatment you should consult with your physician who assesses the presence or absence of contraindications. In the case when there are contraindications, treatment Duopactor should be abandoned. These limitations include the following:
- hypersensitivity to one of the components of Duprost, which can be observed in some patients, and rarely;
- the presence of obstructive diseases of the respiratory system (chronic obstructive bronchitis, asthma brosalina and others), which can lead to the development of acute respiratory failure due to a sharp spasm of the bronchi;
- heart rhythm disorders that may be exacerbated in patients receiving Duprost;
- childhood and adolescence till 18 years;
- nursing mothers;
- pregnant women.
In some situations, the treatment Duopactor possible, but you should exercise extreme caution. We are talking about the following pathological conditions:
- pigmentary glaucoma;
- the absence of the lens;
- injury of the lens.
- increased chance of macular edema.
In most patients, the drug is well tolerated. However, in some cases, it can lead to the development of side effects. They can be expressed as follows:
- redness of the eyes;
- swelling it;
- violations of cerebral circulation;
- increased ketopropane;
- spasm of the bronchial tree;
- skin rashes;
- frequent change of mood;
- pain in the joints;
- dry mucous membranes;
- increased sensitivity to light, etc.
In the process of treatment according to the ophthalmic drug should follow the specific instructions. They are as follows:
«Drop Duprost use. Of course, I drop them constantly. Doing courses for two weeks and then a break. Met this drug after using many other analogues. To be honest, when I bought Duprost itself promised that if they don’t fit, more experiment will not. The fact is that when the diagnosis of open-angle glaucoma and increased intraocular pressure, your doctor may suggest several options drops. They are similar in composition and should have the same effect, however, even the experts warn that can select suitable and not causing even more discomfort drops pretty hard. I have in this regard is simply a classic case – experienced five species, not yet purchased Duprost. They fit me completely. Except for a noticeable therapeutic effect, helping to maintain normal microflora and thus do not cause burning or pain inside the eye».
Andrew, 38 years
«With increased intraocular pressure, the doctor prescribed drops Duprost. Received 1 course of pressure fall. Let’s see what will happen next.»
The analogues have a similar Duprost action. However, depending on the main active substance change therapeutic efficacy — it can be expressed stronger or weaker compared to Duopactor. The need to use analog drugs occurs in the following cases:
- intolerance Duprost that can develop in some patients;
- the development of side effects during treatment;
- the need to change protivoglaucomnoe of the drug in order to avoid development of addiction in the treatment process and thereby reduce effectiveness.
Main drugs-analogues are such as:
- Drops fotil;
Price eye care drug Duprost ranges from 400 to 500 rubles, while different in some pharmacy chains.