Eritromicina ointment eye ointment: manual, price and analogues
Eritromicina ointment is an antibacterial drug that does not have any toxicity. So it can be used even in childhood. It exhibits activity against gram-positive bacteria with color.
Eritromicina ointment used in the treatment of infectious-inflammatory diseases of the eye, especially if they are caused by intracellular microorganisms such as chlamydia, Ureaplasma, Mycoplasma and others.
The composition and form of issue
The main active substance Erythromycinbuy ointment is Erythromycin in a dosage of 10 000 IU per gram. In addition it also has and auxiliary substances which prolong the shelf-life of this drug. These include the following:
- disulfit sodium;
Dosage form of the drug is an ophthalmic ointment. It is packaged in tubes of aluminum, which have different volume, therefore the patient can choose the most suitable for him. The main volumes are 3 ml, 7 ml, 10 ml and 15 ml.
Method of application
Method of application Erythromycinbuy ointment as follows:
- ointment applied in the eye, the lower eyelid is pulled;
- the rate of laying during the day is 3 times;
- the course of treatment should not be too long (not more than 2 weeks), as otherwise might be activated fungal and viral infections with the development of severe inflammatory reaction.
The ophthalmologist takes into account contraindications, which may be a particular patient. When available, the drug should not be used. The main contraindications are:
- hypersensitivity to any component of the drug;
- severe impairment of liver function, since in some cases, the drug may be partially absorbed into the systemic circulation.
In rare cases can be reported side effects. When they appear, you need to urgently visit an ophthalmologist and to advice him to stop taking this drug, not to harm the eyes.
The main side effects are:
- allergic intolerance;
- activation of secondary infection, the risk of which increases on the background of the prolonged use Erythromycinbuy ointment.
In the process of treatment according to the drug you must adhere to the specific instructions. These include the following:
Some analogues also possess antimicrobial activity, as Eritromicina ointment. However, they can have different spectra of antibacterial activity, it is necessary to consider at replacement of one medicinal product to others.
The main representatives of which have similar Erythromycin mechanism of action include:
- Tetracycline ointment;
- DEXA-Gentamycin and others.
The price Erythromycinbuy eye ointment varies in the pharmacy network from 15 to 35 roubles. However, this low cost combined with good therapeutic efficacy of the drug.