Hanford eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Hanford is a drug that is used in ophthalmology. The main indication for use is treatment of glaucoma. Hanford refers to the pharmacological group of betta-blockers, which determines the nature provide them with the therapeutic effect.
The composition and form of issue
In the composition of the drug Gunport there are two main active ingredients. This timolol and bimatoprost. Both of them are members of beta-blockers, which potentiates its action. In addition there are auxiliaries. It is inherent in the function of preservatives and stabilizers, which allows long to store this drug.
The main support components of Panforte are:
- benzalkonium chloride which can cause clouding of contact lenses;
- sodium citrate;
- the hydrogen phosphate of sodium;
- sodium hydroxide;
- sterile water acting as a solvent.
Hanford comes in the form of eye drops. They are packaged in a plastic bottle, the volume of which is equal to 3 ml. Gunport in one package may include one bottle or three, so a person has the opportunity to choose what kind to purchase. In General, the drug is very convenient to use, since the bottle is equipped with a special dispenser-dropper, which eliminates the possibility of additional infection.
Method of application
The method of applying the ophthalmic preparation as follows:
Before treatment is started Genforum, be sure to consider possible contraindications, which may be both local and systemic (drug may in small amounts be absorbed and enter the systemic circulation).
The main clinical situations when the use of Panforte not desirable, are:
- hypersensitivity to one component of the drug;
- the presence of chronic obstructive involvement of respiratory system (bronchial asthma, chronic obstructive bronchitis, and others), as Hanford can cause additional bronchial spasm;
- rhythm disorders of the heart, as the drug has an effect on generation of cardiac impulses and their conduction to the myocardium;
- pregnant women;
- the breastfeeding mother.
Extreme caution should be exercised in those patients who have the following diseases:
- diabetes mellitus;
- renal failure;
- failure of the liver;
- the absence of the lens;
- it gap.
In General the drug is well tolerated. However, some patients can be certain side effects, the appearance of which should immediately consult a doctor. We are talking about the following negative consequences:
- redness of the eyes;
- increased growth of eyelashes;
- dry mucous membranes;
- increased sensitivity to light, etc.
Special instructions to be followed in the treatment of ophthalmic data tool are the following:
Reviews about eye drops Hanford varied.
Positive. One of the advantages highlight the fact that when using them darkened and intensified the growth of eyelashes. Can be purchased at any pharmacy.
Negative. The disadvantages of this drug are many. The appearance on the skin of the eyelid pigmentation. Some patients had side effects: drowsiness and swelling under the eyes, noise in the ears. Not a very pleasant feeling after instillation, redness of the eyelids, severe pain in the eyes. And the last symptoms for some reviews stayed the whole day.
Some analogues are used also for the treatment of glaucoma in cases where Hanford for any reason you cannot apply. This may be the following situation:
- the lack of this drug in the retail pharmacy network;
- intolerance prescribed medication;
- the desire of the patient to use another drug with the same mechanism of action;
- the presence of contraindications to the appointment of the drug;
- the development of side effects during treatment.
The main drugs that can be substituted for Hanford, are as follows:
- Drops fotil;
Price eye care drug Gunport quite high. It is in the range of 600 — 700 roubles depending on the pharmacy network, which is engaged in its implementation. However, good therapeutic effectiveness, ease of use and patient adherence to such treatment completely negate the high cost of Panforte.