Hydrocortisone ointment eye ointment: manual, price and analogues
Hydrocortisone ointment is an ophthalmic ointment remedy on the basis that possesses anti-inflammatory activity. It is used in inflammatory diseases of the eye, e.g., blepharitis, iridocyclitis, uveitis, etc.
The composition and form of issue
The main active ingredient is hydrocortisone, which belongs to corticosteroids. There are also auxiliary substances, that is, petrolatum, paraben, nipagin.
Hydrocortisone ointment is available in aluminium tubes. The volumes can be different 3 g and 5 g.
Method of application
The use of Hydrocortisone based on the following principles:
- you need to lay in each eye, with the pre-push of the lower eyelid;
- the rate of application of the drug 3 to 5 times during daylight hours;
- to lay should the ointment in small quantities.
To improve treatment efficacy and minimize side effects should be considered contraindications. These include:
- viral diseases of the eye;
- bacterial diseases;
- epithelial defects on the cornea;
- the tuberculous process in ophthalmology;
- the intolerance of the drug components;
- the use of vaccines against different infections in the next period after their introduction.
Use hydrocortisone ointment, especially when self-treatment can lead to development of certain side effects:
- clouding of the lens in the case of prolonged treatment with this drug;
- increased intraocular pressure that may develop for the same reason;
- burning sensation and itching in the eyes, develop after laying the ointment;
- protrusion of the eyeball;
- activation of a secondary infection;
- the violation of the trophic structures of the eye with the development of dystrophic processes.
Special instructions that must be observed in the treatment hydrocortisone ointment, are as follows:
Analogues of Hydrocortisone in an ointment base are the following medications:
- Tetracycline ointment;
- Erythromycin and others.
Part of analog devices refers to the antibiotics, and the remainder to the drugs with anti-inflammatory activity exclusively. The choice between these groups will depend on the clinical situation, which requires their appointment. However, the replacement of one drug to another should only be carried out ophthalmologist.
The price of hydrocortisone ointment in the pharmacy networks of Russia is from 50 to 199 rubles. This is a relatively cheap anti-inflammatory agent with high efficiency.