Isoptic eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Isoptic is the ophthalmic drug that exhibits anti-allergic activity. It is used topically to relieve symptoms of allergies. However, be aware of potential contraindications and side effects, which may occur in some patients.
The composition and form of issue
The composition of the ophthalmic preparation Isoptic represented the primary substance and the auxiliary components. As the main speaker tetrizolin belonging to the group of alpha-adrenomimetic means. Therefore, the main effect of the drug is a vasoconstrictor, which allows as quickly as possible to arrest the symptoms of the disease.
Accessories FIZOPTIKA act as preservatives and stabilizers, allowing you to keep the drug at its therapeutic properties for a long time. Their roles are such substances as:
- boric acid;
- benzalkonium chloride;
- EDTA and some others.
The drug is available in bottles that have a volume of 15 ml. Bottles made of plastic, so it is convenient to carry with you always.
Method of application
Method of applying ophthalmic drug Isoptin as follows:
- must instill one or two drops in each eye;
- the frequency of instillation is 2-3 times throughout the day, depending on the severity of unpleasant subjective manifestations of Allergy;
- the duration of treatment should be selected individually.
Important! In the absence of clinical improvement within 2 days you should consult with your ophthalmologist to address the issue about replacing it with another.
Before prescribing any drug, including FIZOPTIKA, the ophthalmologist takes into account possible contraindications. Their underestimation can lead to serious complications.
So, the main contraindications to the use of FIZOPTIKA are:
- idiosyncrasy of the drug;
- dystrophic lesions of the cornea;
- acute failure of the cardiovascular system;
- the presence of a foreign body in the eyeball;
- various bacterial diseases of the eye.
Caution should be exercised when using the drug in the following cases:
- cardiovascular disease;
- pathology of the thyroid gland;
- chronic rhinitis;
- adenoma of the prostate gland.
Overall, the drug has a good tolerability. However, in some patients it can lead to the development of side effects, which include the following:
- burning sensation and itching;
- increased lacrimation;
- eyelid swelling and redness;
- increased sensitivity to light;
- pupil dilation;
- increased pressure inside the eye.
In extremely rare cases, there are systemic negative effects that are associated with the release of the drug into the bloodstream. The following side effects:
- the increase in the level of glucose in the blood;
- increase in blood pressure level;
- pain in the head;
- the feeling of increased sleepiness;
- nausea, reaching to vomit;
- trembling limbs.
Special instructions that must be observed in the treatment of ophthalmic drug Isoptin:
Reviews about eye drops Isoptin both positive and negative.
Positive. Buyers note their effectiveness. Well remove redness and relieve dry eyes. Isoptic a good replacement for Visine, since are much cheaper.
Negative. Some buyers bad tolerated the drug. They became worse, appeared intraocular pressure, burst capillaries. All note — short shelf life in the clear.
The main drugs with a similar mechanism of action but has a slightly different chemical composition, are as follows:
- A good cough medicine and some others.
The price of the drug Isoptin ranges from 100 to 200 rubles depending on the pharmacy network that implements it. In General this drug is an optimal ratio between price and drug efficacy.