L-Optik eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
L-optic eye care is a drug with antibacterial activity. The antibiotic included in its composition, belongs to the group of fluoroquinolones. It is effective against virtually all microorganisms that cause inflammation of the eyes. Therapeutic efficacy related to the violation of normal formation of DNA, making it virtually impossible to continue the growth of pathogenic microorganisms, and in the background they die.
An important advantage of the drug is its long-term presence in the conjunctival cavity. All this time it has a deleterious effect on pathogenic microorganisms.
The composition and form of issue
The composition of the ophthalmic preparation of L-Optik is represented by the following chemical substances:
- levofloxacin, which is the main active ingredient. It violates the normal functioning of ribosomes (cell structures), which leads to erroneous protein synthesis. Against this background, there is the death of pathogens;
- saline solution (its concentration is 0.9%, which is close to the concentration of sodium chloride in biological fluids);
- benzalkonium sodium and potassium hydroxide to keep the drug within a specified time, performing the role of stabilizers and preservatives.
Release form — it is a plastic bottle with a dropper, which is convenient to carry and use in any situation. The volume of the bottle is 5 ml. Usually one bottle is enough for one course of treatment of eye diseases.
Method of application
Method of administration of the drug L-Optik is in the following recommendations:
- the preparation is intended for local use;
- single dose is one or two drops instilled in each eye;
- the frequency of instillation depends on the half-life of the drug, so you have to bury every 2 hours 8 times during the day. Two days later, the frequency of instillation of slim – up to 4 times a day;
- the duration of treatment is determined individually depending on the severity of the underlying pathological process. As a rule, a course of topical antibacterial therapy is continued for one week.
The main contraindications to the use of this medicine are following:
- gestational period, as there are no convincing data on the safety against the fetus;
- children up to 1 year;
- hypersensitivity to L-optics, which can manifest itself only in some patients;
- hypersensitivity to drugs of the fluoroquinolone group.
Side effects using eye drops is L-Optik recorded infrequently. However, when they occur, you must consult with an ophthalmologist for further question about the possibility of continuing this treatment. The main side effects are:
- redness of the eyes;
- burning sensation;
- foreign body sensation in the eyeball;
- blurred vision;
- runny nose, etc.
Special instructions to be followed in the process of treatment with the drug L-Optik, is as follows:
Diana, 29 years
«I drop the L-Optik buried 4-year-old son. When walking on the street, rubbed his eyes with a dirty hand, and on the evening he was sore. Called my doctor, explained why he ordered it medium. When backfilling the baby has not complained of pain. Inflammation has passed for several days.»
Karina, 32 years
«I L-optician ophthalmologist appointed conjunctivitis. The result of the drug I was very happy: quickly removed the inflammation, swelling. No side effects with instillation it did not cause».
Typically, analogs are used in cases when it is necessary to achieve the same effect as using the L-Optics, but the use of the latter is not possible for any reasons. It may be the lack of effect in 3-5 days, absence of the drug at the pharmacy, etc.
The main ones are:
- Normaks and others.
The price of the drug L-Optik ranges from 150 to 250 rubles. It varies depending on the pharmacy network, which is engaged in its implementation. However, this drug perfectly combines high quality and affordability.