Lakeside eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Lakeside is an ophthalmic drug that not only moisturizes the eyes, but also has a protective effect on the corneal epithelium. Latest therapeutic effects of the drug expressed to the greatest extent among all means of artificial tears. In addition, Lakeside may prolong the effects of other drugs used in ophthalmology.
The composition and form of issue
In the product there are two main active ingredients. This polymer and benzalkonium chloride. In addition, there are auxiliary substances, which include:
- sodium chloride;
- phosphorus compounds with sodium;
- special water-solvent;
The drug is available in a bottle, whose capacity is 10 ml. Bottle of plastic, so it is resistant to various damage (it can’t break), which is especially convenient.
Method of application
Method of application of the drug, Lakesite:
- thorough hand-washing before you open the bottle;
- try not to contact with the dispenser, so as not to soil;
- instill one to two drops in each eye;
- you must then blinked a few times to evenly distribute tools on the conjunctiva and the cornea;
- buried as necessary to eliminate unpleasant subjective symptoms (can be instilled every 2 hours, if more than occasional use does not resolve symptoms dry eyes).
If the drug is used with antimicrobial purpose, the course of treatment should not be more than weeks. It is necessary to observe the recommended single and daily dosages.
The main contraindications for the use of Lakeside:
Main side effects, which can be registered using Lakeside:
- an allergic reaction that is most often observed on the background of prolonged use of the drug;
- a sense of bonding eye due to high viscosity products;
- of irritation eyes – burning and redness;
- degeneration of the epithelial layer of the cornea, which develops on the background of prolonged use of Lakesite.
Special instructions in treatment with this drug:
- Lakesite not compatible with contact lenses, so before burying them off and wear just after 20 minutes;
- immediately after instillation sometimes there is increased tearing, which can disrupt visual acuity. So get behind the wheel only after some time;
- the drug is stored in a dark place at room teamperature.
Reviews about eye drops, Lakesite diverse.
Positive. Buyers said that this product moisturizes the eye and protects the corneal epithelium. He’s got a reasonable price.
Negative. Allergic reaction after instillation, a sense of bonding of the lashes.
Counterparts, Lakeside also belong to the group of substitutes for natural tears. The need for their use arises when Lakeside is missing from the pharmacies, or when it is showing intolerance.
Essential drugs with similar composition and mechanism of action are:
- Oftagel and others.
The price of the drug, Lakesite an average of 200 to 300 rubles. It depends on the pharmacy network, which produces its implementation.