Mezaton eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Mezaton is the ophthalmic drug that is mainly used for diagnostic purposes, as it is able to dilate pupils. This drug belongs to the sympathomimetic drugs. Through the use of Mezaton ophthalmologist cannot see the back part of the eye. In addition, this drug can be used for therapeutic purposes in the framework of complex therapy of iritov and iridocyclitis.
Pupil dilation on the background of the application Mezatona observed after 15 minutes, the maximum is observed in half an hour. In this condition the pupil is within 4-6 hours. If you need to extend this effect is re-burying Mezatona.
The composition and form of issue
The main active ingredient of eye drops Mezaton is phenylephrine. Its concentration in one milliliter of solution is 2.5%. Also, there are excipients that preserve the therapeutic efficacy of Mezatona. These include the following:
- sterile water;
- the polyethylene oxide;
Eye drops come in a plastic bottle. One vial contains 5 ml of the drug. Each bottle is equipped with a special dispenser, which to bury Mezaton.
Method of application
The basic rules applying Mezatona are:
- the drug is only used topically by instillation into the conjunctival SAC of the eye, which needs examination or treatment;
- to conduct research Ophthalmoscope only need one drop of the drug. If you are planning a long or dynamic examination, approximately 60 minutes of instillation repeat;
- with the medical purpose must be instilled one drop, but three times a day;
- the duration of treatment is determined individually in each case. Usually it is determined by the duration of presence of inflammatory symptoms.
There are certain contraindications that applying Mezatona impossible. They include the following clinical situation:
- increased intraocular pressure which can be intermittent or constant;
- the elderly patients;
- severe insufficiency of the heart function;
- traumatic injury of the eyeball;
- increased production of tear fluid;
- overactive thyroid gland;
- elevated levels of porphyrins in the body and some other hereditary disease;
- individual intolerance of the drug components.
Applying Mezatona may be accompanied by the development of a number of side effects, which include the following:
- burning sensation after instillation;
- constant or periodic increase of pressure of the intraocular fluid;
- lacrimation and several others.
In the process of treatment should follow the specific instructions, namely:
Marina, 34, year
«My daughter (10 years old) started to fall vision. We immediately went to the eye doctor. As a result of the survey was the diagnosis of «spasm of accommodation», so-called false myopia. Ophthalmologist prescribed drops «Mezaton,» but they do not help us. Bury the eye before bed and in the morning the pupil is more advanced, feels uncomfortable, and the child does not see well even at close distance.»
Julia, 29 years old
«I was often worried about eye pain after eye loads. At times it was hard to read, because the letters just swam. As a result, decided to pay a visit to the ophthalmologist. The doctor has determined accommodative reserves, which was below the norm, and drug Mezaton. The drug stimulates the accommodation, so the improvement I noticed after the first week of use».
Some analogues Mezatona have a similar mechanism of action associated with mydriasis. They can be used in case of intolerance and contraindications to Mezatonu or development of side effects against the background of its application. Basic analog drugs are:
- Eririn and others.
Price eye care drug Mezaton ranges from 15 to 40 roubles.