Mydriacyl eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Mydriacyl is a drug that is assigned by the ophthalmologists. It is designed for pupil dilation. This effect can be used not only in the treatment of eye diseases, but also to improve diagnosis of the condition posterior eye. The benefits of the drug is its good tolerance and relatively short action (the patient as early as possible can return to normal eyesight).
Tropicamide, which is a biologically active substance of Mydriacyl, causes pupil dilation. If used repeated instillation, there is a likelihood of spasm of accommodation, that is, the pupil loses the ability to change its diameter. This effect is used with differential diagnostic purpose. It allows to distinguish from each other the myopia that developed on the background of violations of the contractions of the ciliary muscle, from the true myopia.
The most pronounced therapeutic effect of Mydriacyl develops in 15-25 minutes after instillation. It lasts for 3 hours, then gradually the pupil diameter is restored. Full restoration of normal reaction of the pupil was observed after 6 hours after administration of the drug.
The composition and form of issue
The main active substance is Tropicamide Mydriacyl. It is able to expand the pupil by exposure to specific receptors. However, to preserve the therapeutic properties of this drug it contains excipients. These include the following:
- sterile water (acting as solvent);
- benzalkonium chloride;
- sodium hydroxide;
Drug Mydriacyl available in plastic bottles. The volume of one bottle is 15 ml. In the pharmacy network include a different drug concentration is 0.5% and 1%. It is therefore important to pay attention to acquire the drug.
Method of application
Application of Mydriacyl as follows:
- if the patient wears contact lenses, before backfilling they must be removed, as they may be blurred because of contained in the product benzalkonium chloride;
- re-lens wear after half an hour after the last drug administration;
- opening the bottle, hands should be washed with soap;
- once buried one or two drops;
- in the process of backfilling should try to avoid touching the dropper of the bottle to the eyes, surrounding objects, to avoid infection of the vial;
- if you press the inner corners of your eyes, you can decrease the probability of absorption of the drug into the systemic circulation that prevent the development of certain side effects.
The main contraindications to the use of Mydriacyl are:
- as otkratougolnaya glaucoma and angle-closure;
- individual intolerance to any component of the drug – both primary and secondary.
These contraindications ophthalmologist evaluates before beginning treatment. When available, you must use other drugs with a similar mechanism of action.
Sometimes on the background of treatment with Mediation perhaps the development of certain side effects. These include the following:
- increased acceptance of the luminous flux;
- blurred vision;
- the development of allergic reactions;
- burning sensation in the eye;
- increased pressure inside the eye.
With increased probability of receipt Tropicamide into the bloodstream, it may develop systemic side effects. We are talking about the following:
- dryness in the mouth;
- violation of the chair.
In the treatment process the patient should follow the specific instructions that are presented the following recommendations:
- do not drive a car, the reduced visual acuity and clarity;
- the drops should be stored in a dark place at room temperature;
- open the bottle retains its properties over a period of 4 weeks;
- a closed bottle can be stored up to 3 years.
Andrew, 47 years
«A few years ago I made a vision correction laser. Some time after this, there was spasm of accommodation, so on the recommendation of the ophthalmologist began drops Mydriacyl for the night. The result was not long in coming: vision improved, ocular pain decreased. I understand the use of the drug gives you the opportunity accommodative muscle to relax, which she cannot do because of spazmirovannah state. Drops became for me a real salvation, because to remove the spasm of accommodation is not easy».
Anna, 32 years
«In any case, do not bury the eye drops Mydriacyl regularly. When applied strictly forbidden to read, watch TV, etc. the Doctor I was not informed, and the result after applying Mydriacyl my vision has only worsened».
Some analogues of Mydriacyl include the following:
They can also cause mydriasis. Their use shown when it is impossible to apply Mydriacyl for one reason or another. However, to substitute one drug for another. In all cases, you only need to complete the appointment of ophthalmologist.
The price of the drug Mydriacyl ranges from 300 to 400 rubles. It depends on the pharmacy network, which implements the drug. Overall this is a great value and high efficiency of the drug.