Naphazoline eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Naphazoline ophthalmic is a drug that has a good ability to narrow blood vessels in the eyes. Based on this determined statement, when it is necessary to use Naphazoline. The main one is inflammation of the eyes allergic nature.
The composition and form of issue
The active substance of the drug ophthalmic Naphazoline is Naphazoline, which belongs to the group adrenomimeticescoe funds. However, this drug is not selective, i.e. it affects all types of receptors, what is the presence of contraindications and side effects. Also included are auxiliary substances, which include benzalconi and sterile water.
Naphazoline is available in plastic bottles fitted with a dropper. The volume of one vial is 10 ml.
Method of application
The method of applying the ophthalmic preparation as follows:
- must instill 1-2 drops in each eye;
- the frequency of instillation is from 1 to 3 times during the day, depending on the severity of unpleasant subjective symptoms;
- the duration of treatment should be strictly limited, as it may develop addiction to this drug and the lack of therapeutic efficacy.
The main contraindications for use of Naphazoline are:
- increased intraocular pressure;
- dry eyes;
- dystrophic lesions of the cornea;
- intolerance to the drug, which can be observed in some patients and depends on individual to individual.
In the treatment process due to the lack of selectivity of action of the drug may develop side effects. These include the following:
- the itching and burning sensation;
- mydriasis – pupil dilation;
- increased pressure inside the eye.
Special instructions that must be followed in the treatment of this drug are:
Opinions about the use of drops Naphazoline eye very little. Because they are not often used in ophthalmology. To assign this drug can conjunctivitis chronic. Drops increase intraocular pressure, so in this disease it is not recommended.
Some buyers used the drug as a vasoconstrictor agent, but only by the doctor and in small doses.
The analogues exhibit a similar vasoconstrictor effect. They are used result of various reasons:
- the lack of naphazoline in the pharmacy network;
- hypersensitivity to this drug;
- the presence of contraindications to its destination.
Main drugs-analogues are:
The price of the drug Naphazoline ranges from 5 to 25 rubles, depending on the pharmacy network, which is engaged in its implementation. The product has good efficiency, however, due to the lack of selectivity it can lead to the development of certain side effects, which partly determines the lowest cost of Naphazoline.