Octile eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Octile is an ophthalmic drug that narrows blood vessels in the eyes. Therefore, its main indication for use – this is an allergic inflammatory diseases encountered in ophthalmology. The most common of these is allergic conjunctivitis.
The composition and form of issue
The main active ingredient of this ophthalmic drug is tetrizolin, which is representative of the alpha-adrenomimetic funds for local use. He has the ability to narrowing of vessels due to direct effects on vascular smooth muscle cells. Also in the composition of the drug there are excipients that are presented to both synthetic and natural ingredients.
Drug Octile available as eye drops that are packaged in plastic bottles fitted with a dropper. The volume of one bottle is 8 ml.
Method of application
The method of applying the ophthalmic preparation as follows:
- must instill one or two drops in each eye;
- the frequency of instillation is three times throughout the day, depending on the severity of unpleasant subjective symptoms;
- the duration of treatment should be strictly limited, as it may develop addiction to this drug and the lack of therapeutic efficacy. Usually the treatment should not exceed 4-5 days.
The main contraindications associated with neselektivno effects on the adrenergic receptors, are as follows:
- increased intraocular pressure;
- dry eye syndrome;
- dystrophic lesions of the cornea;
- children up to age 2 years;
- the intolerance of the drug components, which is manifested individually.
In General the drug is well tolerated. However, in some patients it can lead to the development of side effects, which include the following:
- burning sensation and itching;
- increased lacrimation;
- eyelid swelling and redness;
- increased sensitivity to light;
- pupil dilation;
- increased pressure inside the eye.
Important! With the appearance of at least one of the above mentioned side effects, you should immediately contact an ophthalmologist to decide on further use of the drug.
Special instructions that must be observed in the treatment of ophthalmic drug Octile include:
Andrew, 34 years
«I spent the whole day in front of a computer monitor. Eyes get tired, so bought in a drugstore drops Octile. Dropped for the second bottle. They help me, but I don’t know whether they cause addiction?»
Jan, 37 years
«Octile buried with allergic conjunctivitis in combination with other drugs. Drops good as a vasoconstrictor. Quickly bring the eyes back to normal. Too bad they were not for a long time and all the time to drip.»
Analogues of Octree used in the case when the patient is not able to find a drug in the pharmacy, or, is intolerance, and there are also contraindications for its use. However, when replacing it with another drug should take into account all these circumstances, not to harm and not to worsen the eye condition. The main drugs with a similar mechanism of action are:
The price of the drug Octile ranges from 150 to 200 rubles depending on the pharmacy network that implements it. In General this drug is an optimal ratio between price and drug efficacy.