Ocumed eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Acumed is a drug used in ophthalmology. The main indication for its use is glaucoma. This condition is characterized by increased intraocular pressure that may occur either as a result of increased formation of intraocular fluid or as a result of violations of the outflow. The main advantage of this drug is the rapid development of therapeutic effect continuing for a long time, and this tool can be used when open-angle form of glaucoma, and in angle-closure.
The main effects that are observed when treatment with this medicine are:
- the decrease in both high and normal levels of intraocular pressure;
- reducing the speed and volume of secretion of the aqueous humour (intraocular fluid);
- no effect on pupil size;
- no impact on the accommodation.
For Okumeda characterized by rapid and good penetrability through the cornea. The maximum concentration observed after one to two hours after instillation. In small amounts this drug absorbed into the systemic circulation and then excreted by the kidneys, being filtrated in the renal glomeruli.
Pharmacokinetic characteristics of ophthalmic drug Ocumed as follows:
- start lowering pressure inside the eye occurs in 25 to 30 minutes;
- maximum therapeutic efficacy is celebrated two hours after instillation;
- therapeutic effect manifests itself within 24 hours, so a single instillation of the drug.
The composition and form of issue
The main active substance is Timolol, which belongs to adrenaline means. Is associated with the development of therapeutic effect Okumeda. Besides the composition of the medicine presented and auxiliaries, carrying out functions of preservation, stabilization and dissolution. In some cases, with them associated side effects. These substances are the following:
- benzalkonium chloride;
- dihydrogen sodium;
- the hydrogen phosphate of sodium;
- sterile water intended for injection.
The drug is available in plastic bottles fitted with a dropper. This makes very convenient the use of this drug. In one bottle — 5 ml or 10 ml, so the patient can choose the amount that he needs.
Method of application
Rules of using this eye care is:
- a single dose of the drug is equal to one drop;
- in the beginning it is recommended to create the saturating concentration, which is instilled twice a day.
- in the subsequent switching to maintenance mode, so during the day only a single backfilling. This is due to the long half-life of the active substance.
It should be noted that the drug is available in concentrations of 0, 25%, and 0.5%. First, use minimal concentration, in the absence of its effectiveness, increase the concentration of the solution.
Before therapy data drug eye doctor must ascertain whether the patient has any contraindications to Akumadu. The main ones are the following:
- heart rhythm disorders;
- the tendency of the bronchial tree to a reduction of smooth muscle cells (obstructive Airways disease);
- diabetes mellitus (use caution);
- pregnant women (the benefits of adoption should exceed the risk);
- mothers who are nursing babies (use exceed the risk);
- hypersensitivity to the components of the drug, which is sometimes observed in some patients.
Negative effects when using Okumeda are extremely rare. But as soon as they appear you should immediately contact an ophthalmologist to know whether you can continue to use the drug. The main side effects are:
- burning sensation and itching in the eye;
- increased secretion of lacrimal fluid;
- increased sensitivity to light;
- blurred vision;
- the development of blepharitis, conjunctivitis, etc.
In some cases, have developed systemic reactions that are associated with the release of the drug into the bloodstream. These include:
- spasm of the bronchial tree;
- heart rhythm disorders;
- depressive mood;
- nosebleeds, etc.
In the process of treatment according to the ophthalmic drug should follow the specific instructions. They are as follows:
Buyers noted that drops Ocumed used as in otkratougolnah and zakratougolnaya glaucoma. The drug is effective in this disease, it lowers intraocular pressure for 1 hour. But during the instillation of some people was a feeling of burning and itching in the eyes. Another disadvantage of the drug is that it is not recommended to use with lenses.
The main counterparts Okumeda are:
- Drops fotil;
Price eye care drug Ocumed relatively low. It ranges from 50 to 100 rubles, the differences in the pharmacy networks.