Often Going eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Often Are used in ophthalmology for the treatment of many viral diseases of the eye. This is due to the immunomodulatory activity of this drug. Idoxuridine (active substance of the drug) has a similar structure of the nucleotides that are part of the DNA molecule of the virus, which is the carrier of genetic material. It is therefore used in the process of DNA synthesis, but because of his disability, these molecules are defective. In the end, fast enough larvae die of viral particles, which contributes to the recovery of the patient.
However, this drug has some disadvantages. We are talking about the following:
- low penetrating power in the corneal shell;
- the presence of resistant strains of the virus, which under the action of the tool die;
- the presence of toxic properties that are inherent in Ofteno Go.
The composition and form of issue
The main active ingredient is Idoxuridine. It is associated not only therapeutic efficacy, but also the development of mutagenic effects by intervention in the process of DNA synthesis, including normal cells. The composition presented and excipients that perform various functions.
The drug is available in the form of eye drops. They are packaged in a plastic bottle with a dropper, the volume of which is equal to 5 ml.
Method of application
Method of administration Often Are as follows:
- dose – one or two drops;
- instilled every hour during daytime and every 2 hours at night;
- the duration of treatment depends on the therapeutic effectiveness of this tool and must be agreed with the ophthalmologist.
The main contraindications to treatment with the drug Often Go are:
- children’s age;
- the sensitivity of the individual above the normal level to the different components of the drug;
- severe and deep lesions of the cornea.
In some cases the drug treatment the Go Often may be accompanied by side effects. It can be such negative manifestations of this treatment as:
- redness of the eyes;
- it swelling with subsequent blurred vision;
- pain in the eye after instillation;
- foreign body sensation and the feeling of sand;
- itching or burning sensation after instillation;
- increased sensitivity to light rays and some others.
Treatment with Often Go implies the following special instructions. This allows you to minimize the risks of this treatment and to maximize the clinical effectiveness of this tool. The main special instructions are:
Positive. Buyers noted that drops Often Go help with kerato-conjunctivitis caused by a virus Herpessimplex (surface forms). Some have used this tool to infections of the epithelium of the cornea and the result was satisfied.
Negative. Drug Often Go has many drawbacks. After instillation it caused itching, burning, redness and eye pain. Also not recommended to apply drops with contact lenses — it can lead to darkening of the lenses.
Main counterparts of ophthalmic tools Often Are are drugs such as:
- Poludan and some others.
Their use should be approved by your ophthalmologist, as there are certain contraindications for their use, despite the common observed therapeutic effects.
The price of the drug Often Go is quite acceptable. It ranges from 250 to 350 rubles depending on the pharmacy network, which implements this medicine.