Okumetil eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Ocumeter is an ophthalmic drug used for the treatment of allergic affections of the eye. It effectively eliminates the main clinical manifestations and fights inflammatory reaction. This is due to the complex composition of the drug.
The composition and form of issue
The drug is a compound because it consists of active substances from different pharmacological groups. This determines the complexity of therapeutic effects.
The main active ingredients Okumetil are:
- zinc sulfate, which suppresses the activity of inflammatory reactions, reduces swelling and prevents infection of the structures of the eye;
- difengidramin, which is a blocker of histamine receptors, which determines its anti-allergic effect;
- naphazoline related to adrenomimetic drugs having a vasoconstrictor activity.
In addition to these substances in the composition Okumetil included accessories. They act as preservatives and stabilizers, however, can lead to the development of side effects and drug intolerances.
Method of application
The method of applying the ophthalmic preparation as follows:
- must instill one or two drops in each eye;
- the frequency of instillation is three times throughout the day, depending on the severity of unpleasant subjective symptoms;
- absence of therapeutic effect within 72 hours should be an indication for consultation of the ophthalmologist to decide the question about the possibility of further treatment with this drug or the issue of the need for its replacement with another drug.
Before prescribing ophthalmic drug Okumetil doctor must take into account contraindications. They are related to the fact that the active ingredients of the drug does not always have a selective (selective) effect on receptors. This is accompanied by the development of cross-reaction. So, the main contraindications to treatment with Acumatica are:
- individual intolerance to either supporting or main active substances;
- increase in blood pressure;
- coronary heart disease;
- the expressed atherosclerotic narrowing of the vessels;
- gestational period;
- lactation period;
- bronchial asthma;
- increased intraocular pressure;
- children up to age 2 years;
- diabetes mellitus;
- dry eyes;
- prostatic hyperplasia;
- a pheochromocytoma.
Tolerability is good. But some patients may be registered by side effects, which include:
- burning sensation and itching;
- pupil dilation;
- increased lacrimation;
- eyelid swelling and redness;
- increased sensitivity to light;
- increased pressure inside the eye.
Special instructions that need to be considered in the treatment of Acumatica include:
Angelina, 25 years
«I drop Okumetil used for removing redness from the eyes. Before that, dripping visine, but it is not recommended for long use. Okumetil coped with his task, also it can be instilled conjunctivitis. Too bad that the drug should not be used while wearing contact lenses. In my case, it is necessary to spend money even on special drops».
Marina, 22 years
«I’m allergic to some component of cosmetics, but figuring out which hard. Drops Okumetil have blue color, that’s fine with me, because after the instillation of the protein becomes white, remove the yellowness and redness. The price of the drug available, that’s just not all pharmacies carry it. I have the instillation was a slight burning sensation, but it quickly passed. So that drops I’m happy.»
Analogues, which are used to replace Okumetil include the following:
The use of analogues is necessary in the following cases:
- intolerance Okumetil, which can be observed in a small number of people;
- the presence of contraindications to the use of this drug;
- the desire of the patient to use other product;
- the lack Okumetil in the retail pharmacy network.
Price eye care drug Okumetil is from 100 to 200 rubles, which is determined by the pharmacy chain that sells this medication. Overall Okumetil is a low-cost but highly effective means.