Optiva eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Optiva – eye drops, which have the properties of a moisturizer. They are close in chemical composition to the lacrimal fluid, which is produced by the lacrimal gland. The main indication for the use of this drug is «dry eye syndrome», which is characterized by the appearance of clinical signs such as:
- the feeling of sand;
- severe dryness that leads to pain when blinking, etc.
This condition can be the consequence of not only eye diseases, but also the result of common causes. For example, systemic diseases (systemic sclerosis and others), as well as the result of taking certain medications that reduce the production of tears.
The composition and form of issue
The drug is quite simple. He presented gipromelloza and glycerol. However, despite this, it has good moisturizing properties, forming on the surface of the eyeball a uniform film protecting it from drying.
Release form – the bottles have different capacities (3 ml, 5 ml and 10 ml), so a person can choose the necessary dosage. Bottles made of plastic, therefore eliminating the possibility of damage.
Method of application
The method of using this tool is to instill in each eye one or two drops. You must then blinked a few times to evenly distribute throughout the conjunctival cavity.
Use of Optiva as many times as necessary, but not more often than every 2 hours.
There are no contraindications. Careful preparation Optiva is used in the following cases:
- individual sensitivity to the drug components;
- the age of 18;
- gestational period;
- the baby’s chest.
Side effects are extremely rare. But sooner were indications of the symptoms such as:
- pain in the eyeball;
- redness of the eyes and eyelids;
- the appearance of a thick discharge from the eyes.
Special instructions that must be followed in case of use of the drug Optiva:
- the drug is only used topically;
- in the treatment process do not touch tip to any conjunctival or foreign objects as this can cause infection content;
- the use of the drug is unacceptable when the violation of a protective film, marked clouding of the solution or changed its color;
- after opening bottle drops can be used for 4 weeks, and then even if they remain, they must be disposed of;
- closed drug shelf life of 2 years;
- storage temperature should not be above 25 degrees, you also need to avoid direct sun rays on the bottles;
- in case of any eye symptoms you need to urgently consult with an ophthalmologist to decide the question of expediency of their further application.
Lyudmila, 24 years
«I spend a lot of time in front of a computer monitor. And in the evening very tired eyes. A friend at work recommended drops Optiva. When backfilling not burn, after no dimness before the eyes, as often happened with other droplets. Means perfectly moisturizes the eye, so it does not need to drip often.»
Zoryana, age 27
«I these miracle drops prescribed by your doctor to moisturize the eyes. Optiva help me out. In their task, do it well. And the quality matches the price. They have a convenient bottle, and they’re easy to dig the eye.»
Analogues of the drug Optiva is used when it is not in stock, or when there is intolerance to this drug. They have similar chemical composition, but not identical. All of these products are substitutes for natural tears:
- Tear natural;
- Likontin Comfort;
- Oftagel and others.
The price of Optiva pharmacies in the Russian Federation ranges from 350 to 450 rubles. It depends on the pharmacy network, which produces its implementation.