Polindes eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Polindes is an antiallergic agent used in ophthalmology and having a complex composition. It consists of Diphenhydramine hydrochloride and Naphazoline, each of which affects certain parts of allergic reactions. As a result, it allows to quickly arrest the unpleasant symptoms. Moreover, the therapeutic effect persists long enough, which increases the commitment of the patient to treatment.
The composition and form of issue
The preparation consists of two active substance is a blocker of histamine receptors (Diphenhydramine) component and a vasoconstrictor (Naphazoline). Besides these, there are excipients that are characterized by the role of preservatives and stabilizers.
The drug is realized in glass vials, the volume of which is equal to 10 ml. the Main disadvantage in their use is the ability to accidentally break the bottle.
Method of application
The method of applying the ophthalmic preparation as follows:
In those situations when it is not possible to achieve therapeutic efficacy, within 3 days, the ophthalmologist decides on the replacement of the applicable product to another, which has antiallergic activity.
Before prescribing a drug the doctor must take into account possible contraindications that may harm the health. The main ones are the following:
- drug intolerance, which can develop in some patients;
- glaucoma, namely closure form;
- syndrome of dryness of the eyeball, in which reduced production of tear fluid;
- the simultaneous use of drugs from the group of monoamine oxidase inhibitors, which are used mainly for the treatment of epilepsy;
- age to 2 years;
- pregnant women;
- the breastfeeding mother.
Caution should be exercised when using the drug in the following cases:
- cardiovascular disease;
- pathology of the thyroid gland;
- chronic rhinitis;
- adenoma of the prostate gland.
In the process of treatment may develop side effects that are associated with activation of different classes of adrenergic receptors. These include the following:
- the itching and burning sensation;
- mydriasis – pupil dilation;
- increased pressure inside the eye.
Special instructions that must be followed in the treatment of this drug are:
- not combine with contact lenses, as the benzalkonium chloride can cause blurred;
- dropper of the bottle should not touch foreign objects and eye structures;
- due to the expansion of the pupil is blurred vision, which limits the possibility of driving a car or other vehicle.
Margarita, 31 years
«I’m with drops Polindes met by chance. Somehow I jumped up the barley, and to treat it I started with traditional medicine. The result was even worse, and to go to the doctor on reception. Went to the pharmacy for disinfecting drops. Then I was recommended this drug. Together with the drops I made a lotion with calendula, and anointed the eyes of the tetracycline ointment. I treated my barley a little over a week. I think that the main role was played by drops because they contain diphenhydramine and naphazoline».
Victoria, 25 years
«Polindes, I was used in allergic conjunctivitis. When experimenting with makeup, it does not go unnoticed. The eyes are red and sour in the morning. To me, the drug helped, though the effectiveness can be seen immediately. The improvement I noticed after 2 hours».
Tatiana, 37 years
«I this tool helps with allergies to flowering. Symptoms of an allergic reaction as well. — itching and redness in the eyes are. I am glad that the drops are cheap, and OTC».
The main drugs with a similar mechanism of action but has a slightly different chemical composition, are as follows:
- A good cough medicine and some others.
They also have antiallergic activity, so their use in situations where it is necessary to replace Polindes. It can be the following cases:
- the presence of contraindications;
- the absence of the drug in the pharmacy network.
The price of Polindes rather low, so it is available to most patients with allergic symptoms from the ocular structures. Its value varies from 70 to 100 rubles, depending on the pharmacy network, where it is implemented.