Prevacid eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Prevacid relates to ophthalmic preparations that exhibit anti-inflammatory activity. This eye care facility is representative of kortikosteroidnyh hormones that are produced in the body. Therefore, the main indication for the use of Prevacid are inflammatory diseases of the eye. This drug characterized by the development of vasospasm, which reduces the swelling of tissues, and decreases vascular permeability.
The composition and form of issue
The main active substance Prevacid is dezoned related to corticosteroid hormones. Also in the preparation includes excipients that prolong the period of therapeutic activity of Prevacid. The main ones are the following:
- sterile water;
- phosphate salt;
- benzalkonium chloride;
Ophthalmic drug Prevacid comes in the form of eye drops that are packaged in glass vials, equipped with a special dropper. One vial contains 10 ml of eye drops.
Method of application
Application of Prinzide as follows:
- once buried one or two drops;
- buried during the day from 2 to 4 times;
- the duration of treatment will be determined by the attending physician, and when possible it should be as short as possible.
Contraindications account for a doctor before you prescribe a drug. Their underestimation can lead to the development of negative consequences that can disrupt the visual function of eyes. The main contraindications when applying Prinizide need to refrain, are as follows:
- glaucoma both primary and secondary;
- viral infection of the eyes that can be activated with the decline of local immunity;
- tuberculous lesions of the eyeball (for the same reason);
- fungal infections of the eye (for the same reason);
- purulent diseases of the eyeball;
- individual sensitivity to the various components included in the composition of Prevacid.
Sometimes in the treatment of Prevacid some patients develop certain side effects. They are as follows:
- burning sensation and itching after instillation;
- the appearance of allergic symptoms;
- the reduced visual acuity associated with his blurring;
- periodic increase in intraocular pressure;
- secondary clouding of the lens in the case of the prolonged use of this corticosteroid drug.
Special instructions are taken into account in the treatment process, as they can increase its efficiency and also to prevent the development of side effects. Special instructions when using Prevacid are:
- do not use if wearing contact lenses;
- the possibility of a secondary infection activation on the background of prolonged use of the drug;
- compliance with storage conditions of open and closed vial.
Albina, age 37
«I Prevacid drops the doctor prescribed when conjunctivitis. At the pharmacy, such funds were not available, offered to take hydrocortisone ointment. Took the ointment, but then again returned to the hospital that the doctor prescribed another drug for treatment.»
Irina, 40 years
«I have allergies — allergic to flowering. Prevacid I’ve been using. That’s just to purchase the drug in Russia I don’t. Book in advance a friend who goes to Switzerland. Their production came to me».
The analogues have, as Prenatal, anti-inflammatory activity. They can either refer to the group of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs, or to the group of hormonal drugs. They are used to replace Prevacid, which can be produced for various reasons.
Main drugs-analogues are:
- Diklo F;
- Diclofenac and others.
It can be changed only by an ophthalmologist, which takes into account the possible indications and contraindications, as well as the likelihood of those or other side effects.
Price eye care drug Prevacid ranges from 400 to 500 rubles. The difference in cost is due to the different pharmacy chains, implementation of this drug.