Proksodolol eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Proxodolol is a drug used in ophthalmology. With its help it is possible to reduce the pressure inside the eye, the improvement of which is characteristic of glaucoma. The maximum efficiency of this tool demonstrates in the treatment of open angle glaucoma.
The composition and form of issue
In the drug Proksodolol has a active substance – Proxodolol. This tool blocks the adrenergic receptors, which determines its therapeutic effectiveness. There are auxiliary substances which help to maintain the activity of the base material.
These eye drops are manufactured either in the dropper-tubes (1.3 ml) or in vials (5 ml). The patient chooses what is most convenient to him.
Method of application
Application ophthalmology products Proxodolol is carried out according to the following rules:
- instilled into the affected eye one drop;
- the rate of burrowing during the day is two to three times, depending on the level of reduction of intraocular pressure;
- the duration of treatment is determined by the ophthalmologist. But we should not forget that its use within 1-2 years without a break can lead to the development of habituation and reduced therapeutic efficacy.
The main contraindications that should be considered before treatment are as follows:
- conduction disorder of the heart;
- bronchial asthma;
- chronic obstructive bronchitis;
- diabetes, especially when unsatisfactory compensation level;
- pregnant women;
- childhood and adolescence till 18 years;
- individual intolerance to components of the drug.
Overall, the drug Proksodolol fairly well tolerated by patients. However, in some cases, especially when the underestimation of contraindications, there may be both local and systemic side effects. They are as follows:
- burning sensation in the eye after instillation;
- its redness;
- blurred vision due to swelling;
- respiratory failure due to spasm;
- abnormal heart rhythm;
- pathological changes in glucose levels, etc.
Special instructions that need to be considered in the treatment of Proksodolola, as follows:
Marina, 35 years
«Proksodolol drops dripping one time grandma with glaucoma. She they helped. But when once again came to the drug, went to the pharmacy for a new bottle, we were told that more of such equipment. Suggested analogues, which are much more expensive.»
Ekaterina Pavlovna, 55 years
«I ophthalmologist also prescribed these drops to treat glaucoma. I dripped them for a long time. Happy with the result. No side effects not been.»
Some analogues are used to replace Proksodolola in cases when it is necessary. They have a similar mechanism of action, which is to reduce intraocular pressure. Their main representatives are:
- Drops fotil;
Price eye care drug Proksodolol available for all patients who suffer from glaucoma. Depending on the pharmacy network, it ranges from 20 to 40 rubles. However, despite its low cost, this drug shows good therapeutic efficacy.