Rigid lenses for vision correction — application, care, reviews
Rigid lenses for vision correction are used quite often. This non-surgical method of improving visual function of a person, which allows in daylight to see well. They have their own features and even some advantages over soft.
Such devices require constant care to use them correctly. This is due to their long use and the fragility of the material from which they are made.
Vision correction hard lenses
Hard contact lenses for vision correction have a slightly different adjustment period than soft, but visual acuity when wearing such products will be higher.
The indications for their assignment is the following:
- the rehabilitation period after surgery, but this is only possible if this method will be prescribed by the attending ophthalmologist;
- when man, because of his profession, you must have very good eyesight, this applies to pilots, surgeons, jewelers and drivers;
- the irregular shape of the cornea or keratoconus.
Usually, the use of these devices does not cause people discomfort, however, in the first week of their use is a possible discomfort and will have to undergo some adaptation for further use. In order to get used to a foreign body in the eye, the ophthalmologist will prescribe drops, moisturizing the cornea of the eye or drugs that can reduce the sensitivity of the individual eye.
Important! The material of the product is very fragile, it is easily damaged, so handle the lenses carefully, it is also important to properly care for them.
Care hard contact lenses
If you use to correct hard contact lenses, care must be exercised regularly. Items should be stored in the designated containers filled with solution. Although care for such products is much easier than for conventional soft after using the product necessarily placed in the solution for the whole day. When mechanical cleansing is more difficult to damage the texture of the product, so gaps and cracks can be avoided.
Basic rules of care for these products:
- observe hand hygiene before you touch the product. To do this, wash your hands with soap and water, rinse with water and wipe with a towel that does not leave fibers. Hands before each manipulation must be clean and dry.
- lenses always drop in a fresh solution, which is at rest must completely cover the product. Keep it only in a special container;
- it is impossible that the container or article in contact with tap water, to cleansing, always use only special chemist fluid;
- guided by the advice of a doctor replace the containers after a certain period of time.
The manipulation starts from the right eye, remove the lens, put it on your palm and pour the cleaning solution. The forefinger clean the product and repeat the procedure again. After rinse the lens the same solution and place in a container for storage. Then perform the manipulation with the following eye.
Sometimes your doctor may advise you to use cleaning products, additional funds, which the enzymes. These components are able to effectively clean the surface of products from the protein clusters. Their use is carried out periodically, taking into account the advice of the attending physician.
More about the benefits and purpose hard lenses you can learn from the following video:
If you give the products the proper and regular care, you can quickly get rid of the discomfort associated with their wear, extend the life of the product and significantly improve the condition of the eye. In addition, regular care is necessary to avoid infections and other complications. Only in this case you will achieve positive dynamics and will not harm your health.
If to speak about such methods of treatment as rigid lenses for vision correction reviews about it mostly positive. Patients like throughout the day without glasses and seeing normally. Besides, the lifetime of such devices with proper care is quite large, and therefore the cost of such correction is relatively small.