Sofradeks eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Sofradeks is a eye care facility with a combined composition. It contains both anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial component. This allows you to promptly cope with infectious-inflammatory process. Also inherent to this drug and anti-allergic activity, which makes it indispensable for the treatment of many pathological processes in ophthalmology.
The composition and form of issue
Eye drops Sofradeks consist of the following components:
- dexamethasone (a corticosteroid with anti-inflammatory activity);
- framizetin (antibiotic);
- gramicidin (an antibiotic);
- sterile water;
- two types of alcohols;
- salt of lithium;
- sodium citrate.
Thus, Sofradeks consists of the main active substances and auxiliary. The latter perform the role of preservatives and stabilizers.
The drug Sofradeks is available in a special bottles made of dark glass, which protects the basic material from destruction under the action of direct sunlight. The volume of one bottle is 5 ml. the bottle is attached a special dropper, which is size compatible with it.
Method of application
The use of Sofradeks as follows:
- buried one or two drops in eye infection;
- the interval between the instillation should be between 4 to 6 hours. The less the severity of the inflammatory reaction, the less we have to bury the product;
- the duration of treatment should be individualized in each case, but the shorter the better. This will allow to avoid development of antibiotic resistance.
Contraindications limit the use of Sofradeks. Their doctor finds out before prescribing the drug. The main contraindications are:
- hypersensitivity to any component of the drug;
- in the presence of viral and fungal diseases of the eye, since dexamethasone reduces the local immunity;
- purulent inflammatory process (for the same reason);
- elevated intraocular pressure (constant or intermittent);
- children of early age.
In the treatment process can appear side effects. This is the reason for the unscheduled visit to the ophthalmologist, as in some cases it is necessary to stop the drug or replace it with another. The main side effects are:
- clouding of the lens;
- periodic pressure rise of intraocular fluid due to higher her education, or reduced outflow;
- reducing the thickness of the sclera or cornea.
Special instructions that need to be considered in the treatment of Sofradeks, are as follows:
- the duration of treatment should not exceed 7 days;
- before treatment it is necessary to exclude viral and fungal diseases;
- in the treatment process, it is desirable to measure intraocular pressure;
- should stop wearing soft contact lenses.
Mara, 24 years
«I Sofradeks drops buried with otitis media. Interestingly, for the eyes and ears, you can apply the same drug. Drops helped quickly.»
Olya, 29 years old
«My son (2 years old) loves to play in the sandbox. And once in the sandbox we have flushed the eye. Went to Dr., he said that the conjunctivitis infectious-allergic. Wrote a prescription for Sofradeks, but immediately warned that the tool sting your eyes. We had treated a week, but finished early. The baby woke up at night and cried a lot. Yes, the result was visible on the second day the redness went away, but that would never hurt the child will look for an analogue.»
The analogues are applied in cases when it is necessary to replace Sofradeks for one reason or another. However, when you appointment the doctor takes into account the spectrum of antimicrobial activity, which can be different for different drugs. In this regard, may change the efficiency of assigned treatment. Main drugs-analogues are:
- Ciprinol and others.
The price of the drug Sofradeks in different pharmacy chains ranges from 120 to 220 roubles.