Systane Ultra eye drops: manual, price, reviews, analogs
Systane Ultra eye care product designed to hydrate the eyeball (conjunctiva and cornea). The mortar is totally inert so does not react with contact lenses and various chemical substances which are part of other ophthalmic means.
The composition and form of issue
The drug Systane Ultra is somewhat different from other drugs of this series. It includes the following components:
- boric acid;
- polyethylene glycol;
- sodium and potassium chloride;
- propylene glycol;
Overall, however, the drug is completely inert and is as close to natural tear.
Form release Systane Ultra – vials is a convenient dropper bottle made of plastic, which have a volume of 10 ml. They should always be at hand with the development of «dry eye syndrome». Plastic material used for the bottle, not the beats, like glass, allowing them to carry with you.
Method of application
Method of drug application Systane Ultra:
- instill one or two drops in each conjunctival SAC;
- after that, it is necessary to repeatedly close and open my eyes for even distribution of the drug;
- bury at least the appearance of unpleasant symptoms characteristic of the «dry eye syndrome»;
- typically, the interval between the instillation is 4 hours, but you can use every 2 hours if the symptoms are strongly pronounced;
- if a person wears a contact lens, which lead to the development of «dry eye syndrome», then drops instilled each time before putting it on and after they are removed.
Contraindications that restrict the use of this ophthalmic means insignificant. These include:
- the period of gestation;
- time breastfeeding;
- individual intolerance of any component of the drug, which is rarely observed;
- the age of 16, as it is not carried out serious randomized trials.
Side effects when using drops, Systane Ultra was not observed in any patient. Therefore, this tool can be used almost always when you have symptoms of dryness of the eyeball. Good tolerability of this drug leads to the fact that patients who at least once tried it, no longer looking for other substitutes artificial tears, and continue to use it in the future.
Special instructions when using drops, Systane Ultra consists of the following:
- the drug shows excellent compatibility with various types of contact lenses, so there is no need to remove them before instillation;
- you can not touch the dropper bottle of the conjunctiva, eyelids, and foreign objects;
- in the open vial can be stored for more than 1.5 months.
- shelf life unopened vial is two years;
- storage temperature should not be above 25 degrees;
- the optimal place for storage should be dark, where children do not have access.
Alexander, 42 years
«I immediately liked two things: a single instillation of truth is not enough for the whole day – well, at least I shift enough! The bottle you can take with you, put in the pocket or purse as a refrigerator or dark Cabinet is not needed. Very convenient and efficient, always at hand. There was a burning sensation, dry eyes, painful blinking – pulled and dripped. And my girlfriend loves them for what you can use Systane Ultra without removing contact lenses. However, the list of possible side effects and contraindication adolescents under 18 years – what could be so composed?»
Marina, 24 years
«Systane Ultra – I dripped in optics, when picking contact lenses. Feeling like it right away, no stinging and discomfort, even after a long testing of view on all sorts of devices and appliances. Therefore, taking the lenses, I asked and these drops at the same time. I liked the fact that you can buy a bottle of different volumes. I took the first small, to be safe, and again make sure they fit. And a week later returned for more. I personally have no complaints, I’m happy.»
Analogues of Systane ultra, which are as close as possible the composition is Systane and Systane Balance. However, if these drugs for any reason can’t be purchased, you can use one of the following funds which are substitutes of natural tears produced in the eye:
- Tear natural;
- Oftagel and others.
The price of the drug Systane Ultra on average ranges from 350 to 450 rubles. Differences are observed in different pharmacy chains. However, as with all the products in the Systane that has the optimal balance between price and quality.